Draco x reader ~ opening up

Only one update today. I wanted to write more but I've just been so busy with studying. Anyways,

Requested by: lazy_honeybadger

Your name is: Y/N Diggory

-

'Hey Y/N..'

You heard Hermione's voice but didn't want to look up. She wasn't a hufflepuff and she wasn't supposed to be at your table.

'I got you some food.. just in case you decide to eat today..' Hermione said while placing it in front of you. 'We're here for you if want to talk. We all get that it's hard to lose your brother..'

You didn't answer. Even side Cedric died you didn't want to have anything to do with anyone.  You were shutting everybody out, failing in your classes.. You hadn't spoken since you got back. All you felt was constant grieve knowing Cedric could have been here too.

You looked at he place and grabbed a little bite. You heard voices around you but you never listened. You didn't want to listen.. You felt like no one cared. His girlfriend never even came to you. Well she was too late now. You never liked Cho anyways.

After dinner everyone slowly started leaving. You got up and followed the crowd of the great hall. You were pulled out of it by Ron. You saw Harry, Ron and Hermione. You sight softly.

'Y/N.. we're worried.' Ron started.

'You're hardly eating, you don't speak to anyone.. you're failing your classes..' Harry started.

'You don't even talk to us. We want to help you, we can help you.'

You didn't feel like talked to them. You just looked at the floor before walking away. Hermione grabbed your wrist. You turned around and shot her a deadly glare.

'Let me go.' You hissed.

'So you're not mute.' Hermione sighed.

'You can't help me. You have no idea how I feel. Cedric wasn't only my brother.. he was my best friend. He was the most important person in my life. I want you to leave me alone.' You said while pulling your arm back. 'I'm going.'

You walked away, leaving the three behind. Draco had been watching. He wasn't really focussed on you. He didn't want to makesntou feel worse.. which was weird for him. Although you didn't know him that well he still decided to follow you.

You made your way to the 7th floor. You loved to hang out in the room of requirement. No one went there. You discovered it the first day of school. You went there every day. You to be alone, read.. think. Clear your mind.

You stepped inside. Draco followed you in but you didn't notice. You sat down on the couch that was there and sighed deeply. You felt tears coming up, but you never allowed yourself to cry.

'Nice place you got.' Draco said while looking around.

You looked up in shock and noticed the blonde boy.

'Go away.' You immediately said, your voice shaking a bit. 'This is the only place where I can be alone. Please don't take this away from me.'

Draco looked at you. He saw how broken you were. As if there was nothing that could fix you.. but something inside of you really wanted to fix you. He didn't know why.

'I won't take it away from you.' Draco said.

You looked at him in surprise. You almost didn't believe him.

'And if you really want me to go.. I'll go. Sometimes talking helps. I thought you could use someone to talk to. Even though you barely know me.. maybe that's even better.'

You couldn't believe Draco was being kind to you. This wasn't like him at all. You looked into his eyes.. trying to find out if this was all just a joke for him. But you saw compassion in his eyes. As if he actually cared.

'I know it's probably new for you to see me like this.' Draco said with a short grin. 'I have to admit I'm usually not like this. But you seem really broken.. and I want to help you.' Draco said while walking towards you.

'I just don't get it..' You chocked.

Draco saw tears coming up in your eyes and how hard you were fighting to hold them back. Draco slowly sat down besides you.

'It's okay.' He said while grabbing your hand.

You looked at it and then up and him.

'It's okay to cry.. You have all the reasons to cry.'

You let go of his hand and covered your face. You were still trying to hold back but when Draco wrapped an arm around you, like Cedric always did when you were sad, you couldn't hold it back anymore. He pulled you a little closer and rubbed your back. You laid your head against him.

'I'm sorry that you have to see me like this.' You said through your sobs.

'It's okay.' Draco just said.

You slowly tried to calm down. After awhile you sat up and wiped your cheeks and eyes.

'He never did anything to deserve it. He just wanted to win. He never provoked the him. He never did anything wrong and now he's not with us anymore. It's so unfair.' You said.

'Cedric was a nice guy. He was always there for everyone. He indeed didn't deserve it. If it wasn't him it would have been someone else.. not that that makes it better.' Draco said. 'It isn't his fault. Voldemort has a lot of impact. On innocent people.. On everyone's family. Even on mine. It wasn't his fault. It wasn't your fault, it wasn't potters fault.. it was his sick mind that did it.'

You looked at him and then just hugged him. Draco was surprised but he hugged you back.

'Thank you.' You said.

'No problem.' Draco smiled. 'I'll leave you alone now.'

Draco let you go and got up.

'It's fine.. I think I should go too.'

Draco smiled and you both left the room of requirement.