Regulus x reader ~ worth the trouble

Requested by: TaOlka

Enjoy!

-

'Keep it still.' You said. 'Your hand is shaking. You have to focus a little more.'

Regulus sighed and lowered his wand.

'No don't give up!' You said.

'We've been practising this spell for ages. I can't do it.'

You had been helping Regulus with a few charm and spells. You were in your 7th year and he was in his 6th. He was a great friend.. You like him a lot.

'You can! I'm sure. Wait.'

You put down the book you were holding and you walked over to him. You moved his hand up. Regulus was a little distracted. You didn't know why. You also didn't know that you were the reason.

Regulus knew that he couldn't like a Gryffindor like you. He was going to be a death eater and you were basically the nicest person in the wizarding world. You were the total opposite of a death eater. He knew you probably wouldn't accept him.

'Keep your hand straight. Why can't you keep your hand straight?' You asked while grabbed his hand to hold it still.

Regulus looked at you. You stepped away from his hand and let him go. You loved the feeling of his in yours. God.. what was wrong with you?

'Don't focus on me. Come on, eyes straight ahead.'

Regulus looked away from you. He tried casting the spell but it wouldn't work.

'You're not focussed. Have you been practising?' You asked.

'Of course I have! I just can't do it.'

You could hear that he was irritated. You grabbed your wand and stood still besides him. You stretched your arm.

'Follow my lead.' You said. 'Let's start all over again.'

Regulus stretched his arm out.

'You turn your hand just a little bit and you hold it still.'

Regulus followed you. You took a deep breath. You didn't want to sound too annoyed that he still couldn't do it.

'Focus on the wall in front of you.' You just said.

You slowly lowered your wand and walked over to him. You stopped. Your shoulder was against his back. Regulus blushed a little. You grabbed his arm. You kept it in place for awhile before letting it go.

'Cast it.' You said.

Regulus cast it and to his surprise it actually worked.

'You did it!' You smiled.

Regulus hugged you. You were surprised but you hugged him back. You let him go and smiled.

'Thank you.' He said. 'I couldn't have done it without you.'

'No problem. I'm sure you'll pass charms now.' You smiled.

You stayed for a moment to chat but after that you were about to leave.

'Y/N.'

You turned to Regulus.

'Yes?'

'There is something I need to tell you.'

'That sounds serious. What's up?' You asked.

Regulus walked over to you.

'I've been rather scared to ask you. You know about my family and I know about yours. I know that you know what kind of people they are and what kind of person they need me to be.'

You did know that his parents were the dark type of people. They were probably death eaters and they probably wanted him to be one too. It was a shame. Regulus had great potential.

'I know that can't happen. I know you think the same but I.. I really like you. Like more than you probably think.'

You looked at him in a bit of surprise but felt yourself blushing.

'Regulus.. we're on totally different sides in this world.. It's not going to be easy.' you said.

He seemed to be a little disappointed.

'But I like you too.. maybe it's worth the trouble.' You smiled.

Regulus smile appeared again.

'How about you take me out on a date and we'll see.'

'Deal.'