Chapter 4

A new morning rose in Florida as you woke up and stretched your tired limbs out. Paige entered your room with a tray of food that fills your nose with its delightful scent.

"Morning Champ," Paige yelled.

You covered your ears, "Ow! You made me deaf, thank you for that."

She laughed and placed the tray in front of you, "Here you go my sweet girl, I made pancakes and bacon with apple juice just like you like it."

You clapped your hands together like a little kid, "Yay! Thank you my sweet Britain girl."

You dug into the pancakes and savored each bite while Paige scrolled through social media. She looked over at you still eating and laughing. You glanced over at her and gave her a confused look.

"What," you asked swallowing your last bite.

"You look like hell," she laughed.

You slapped Paige's stomach, "It's not my fault that I went through a tough match. I gave it my all... and won, might I add."

Paige sat up and poked your face, "I know that plus that bruise on your cheekbone says it too."

You tilted your head to the side before getting up from your bed and looking at your reflection in the mirror, "Ow!" You poked at your cheekbone as the bruise was a deep purple and black color, "No wonder my face hurt so much after the match."

Paige jumped out of your bed and headed towards the door, "Get dressed, we're heading to the gym. I want a piece of the champ now."

You laughed and closed your door on Paige, "I'm gonna beat your ass like I do every time."

--

At the gym, Paige and you did your normal gym routine. The sprints killed you like they do every time but it does help with speed and stamina. (I think?) After the break, you and Paige walked into the cold building to take the ring for hostage, but to your surprise, the guy you and Paige met yesterday was in the ring with some else training.

Paige threw her hands up, "Seriously, he took the ring."

You laughed and sat down on the bench near the ring, "It's okay. More resting time for me."

Paige sat on the floor next to you watching the two men punch, kick, bump, and fall just like you two do practically every night.

An hour passed as the men came to a close of their training session. Paige jumped up and stretched out her back.

"Finally! You two men are done," Paige said.

The men looked over at her and laughed, you sat up and scratched the back on your neck. One of the men waved goodbye to the other and exited the ring. The other guy stayed and stretched before leaving the ring.

Paige warmed up on the outside of the ring and you lifted yourself up off the bench and hopped up on the ring apron.

"Nice kicks," you pointed out.

"Thanks, they're the Air Jordan 1's," the man replied.

You smiled and entered through the ropes, "TJ, right?" He nodded, "Even though I own multiple pair of kicks, I'm more of a Converse kind of girl."

TJ scanned up and down your body, "Suits you."

You smirked and squinted your eyes, "Did you just check me out?"

He chuckled, "Maybe? Good job last night."

You tilted your head, "What?"

He pointed to his cheekbone signaling your bruise, "Your match last night. Congrats, Champ."

You grazed your fingers over the bruise, "Uh, thanks. You watch FCW?"

He nodded, "Only when I have a night off."

You nodded, "You wrestle too?" He nodded, "What company?"

He exited the ring and walked towards his backpack, "I don't work for a company. I work the independent circuits, where there's a wrestling match I go to that location and wrestle then move on to the next."

You purse your lips together and hummed, "I see, mysterious wrestling guy. So... tell me TJ, where's your next match?"

He put his sweaty towel back in his bag, "Los Angeles."

You pouted, "Really? So is this like your last day in Florida?" He sadly nodded back. "Okay then."

Paige hopped into the ring finally and sat next to you, "If this is your last day, then why don't you show us a few moves before you leave?"

He laughed and put his bag back down, "I could show you if she won't pull you away like yesterday."

You scoffed at him and stood up, "Alright independent boy, why don't you come in here and show us how it's done?"

Two hours later your "teaching" lesson with TJ ended and all three of you waved goodbye and left the gym. You sighed and Paige hopped in the driver's seat, she noticed your sigh and took the opportunity to mock you.

"Oh, why did he have to tell me that his next match is in Los Angeles? Why did it have to be me? Why did I have to meet this handsome young man? Oh, what can I do? I wish I was back home and not in Florida with my best friend," Paige mockingly sang.

You playfully shoved her before the car was in drive, "Shut up. I don't think like that."

Paige laughed, "I know you better than you know yourself, that is totally what you were thinking."

You smiled at the side window, "No I don't, but you're right about the home thing. I do miss Los Angeles and my parents."

Paige held your hand, "I know you do sweetheart, I miss my family too."