Chapter 58

The day after Wrestlemania was always hectic, new champions, old champions, and surprise debuts for the NXT rookies.

Paige and you arrived at the arena for Monday Night Raw before life went back to normal. The night kicked off with John Cena talking about Wrestlemania and how exciting it is to see new faces and bring better matches for the WWE Universe. For the most part, the night was normal... until the Divas Champion, AJ Lee entered the ring.

AJ Lee was ahead of you and Paige in NXT, but she was your friend and Paige's too. AJ was standing in the middle of the ring holding her title with Tamina right behind her. She talked about how she beat the odds of her losing her title at Wrestlemania, and how no one can touch her. AJ continued on saying she is the longest reigning Divas Champion and how every woman in the back should come out to the rings and shake AJ's hand.

Your POV:

I was standing backstage with some of the Raw girls and NXT girls watching AJ talk. I must say, she's gotten really good since she left NXT. Sitting backstage, I excused myself for the girls and walked towards the curtain to enter the WWE arena. I hadn't told Paige about my debut here on Raw, but she's gonna be surprised when she sees me on the monitor.

I got to the curtain and some of the showrunners looked at me and smiled. Smiling back, they asked if I was ready to go, I nodded my head and took a deep breath. The music runner hit my music and the WWE Universe went absolutely crazy when my song played. I walked out onto the ramp and soaked in all the energy from the crowd.

When I entered the ring, I had a microphone handed to me by one of the workers in the time keeper's area. Before I could speak, the WWE Universe kept going. I shyly smiled because this is a bigger audience than NXT's.

AJ looked at me with death in her eyes, "What the hell are you doing here?"

I smiled at AJ and lifted up the microphone, "Well AJ, you said every woman in the back should come out here and shake your hand... and I'm here to do just that."

I stuck my hand out to AJ to shake, but she just looked at me like I'm stupid. Retracting my hand back, AJ had an annoyed look on her face.

"Do you think I'm a joke to you? I watched you in NXT and I must say you've improved a lot, but do you think you have what it takes to be in the big leagues," AJ asked.

I nodded my head, "Yeah. I have what it takes, but I'm not here looking for a fight. All I wanted to do was congratulate you."

AJ stepped closer to me and swiped my face with a crazy right hand, she slapped me across my face. She got closer to my reddened face, "Why don't you show the WWE what you're made of. Why don't you fight me right here, right now... and for post Wrestlemania treat, I will put my title on the line!"

A ref slides into the ring and rang the bell. AJ went crazy on me, beating me up left and right, kicks here and there, and short pins that lasted on a one count. She wanted to end the match right now. AJ gripped my hair and tried to go for her submission hold, the Black Widow. Before AJ could put her in her submission hold, I revered it and swept her feet causing her to land on her face. I took the opportunity to capitalize, taking her right leg, I wrapped my legs around hers and held her in the kneebar. After two minutes of struggling, AJ tapped out. The bell rung and the WWE Universe went even crazier. I slid out of the ring face before Tamina could damage me. The ref met me on the ramp and handed me the Divas Championship.

"Your winner of this match and NEW Divas Champion, Y/R/N," the announcer yelled.

I held the title up in the air and almost hyperventilated due to the sudden chain of events. All that was supposed to happen was come out, congratulate AJ, then leave. The plan wasn't come out, congratulate AJ, get thrown into a match, win, then leave.