Chapter 8

The next day, Paige and you woke up and enjoyed the day by getting in a morning workout. Paige and you started off with a two-mile run, then a few 100-meter sprints, and followed it up by finding a gym with a wrestling ring inside. This is a pretty good gym, you thought.

Paige and you finished a few machines on one half of the building before calling dibs on the ring. You walked off to the locker room to cool off and get a big drink of water before going pushing your body even further than normal.

Paige stayed near the ring so no one can claim it. By the punching bags, she saw a man about 5' 10", wearing a black hoodie (with the hood up), and some pretty cool sneakers on his feet.

Paige's POV:

I watched the guy on the punching bag for a few minutes while Y/N was away. The guy finished his workout and sat down next to his bag catching his breath. He looks so familiar? Where have I seen him, I thought to myself. I walked over to him to strike up a conversation while I wait for Y/N to come back.

"Hey, I saw you on the punching bags. You got a pretty mean right hook," I complimented.

"Thanks. I have been working on it," The man said as he finally looked up.

"TJ? What the hell are you doing here," I said surprisingly.

"Hey.... Paige right," He asked.

I nodded back, "Yeah. What are you doing in LA?"

TJ stood up from the bench and widened his arms out, "What does it look like I'm doing here? I'm getting a workout in before my match tonight."

I slapped my right hand on my thigh, "That's right, you're wrestling tonight. Y/N and I are coming tonight to watch."

He smiled at the mention of Y/N's name, "Really? Where is she by the way?"

I looked over at the locker room, "She's in there getting a drink."

He nudged his head up, "Okay. Well, I'm heading out, it was great seeing you, Paige."

I waved him off, "It was great to see you too. See you tonight, and good luck!"

Y/N came back from the locker room and saw me waving at someone.

"Who were you waving at," she asked in confusion.

"Oh, just a fan. He wanted me to say 'hi' to you as well," I said covering for TJ.

She narrowed her eyes at me but shrugged it off. She hopped in the ring and I followed her getting ready to complete our workout.

End of POV

--

Around 6:00 p.m. Paige and you got ready for tonight's local wrestling event that TJ was in. Paige wore a black crop top, ripped jeans, black snapback, and leopard printed shoes. You wore skinny jeans, a long sleeve white shirt, a black beanie, and red Converse highs.

Paige was in the living room looking at old photos of you as a kid when she noticed the time. She walked to the stairs and called for you.

"Y/N! Let's go," Paige called.

"I'm coming," you called back.

You jumped down the stairs and meet Paige, she looked up and down at you admiring your outfit.

"Stop checking me out," you smacked Paige's arm.

She laughed, "I thought you would've dressed for a lazy day."

You smirked, "I have style, I just don't use it a lot."

"Whatever. Let's go we don't want to be late," Paige said pulling you out the door.

You laughed and waved goodbye to your parents in the kitchen, "Bye mom! Bye, dad!"