Chapter 36

A month later:

The NXT Women's tournament was drawing to a close, as tonight was the finals and the inarguable NXT Women's Champion was going to be crowned. The past few weeks were incredible, Paige and you were undefeated in the tournament, but sadness sank in because the finals were between you and Paige. I can't face Paige, we did predict this but it was only a joke. But, I want to win so badly, you thought.

Paige and you went to the gym at different times because each of you wanted to add a little bit of edginess to the match tonight. What made the day even better, both of your parents came to Florida to watch. Tonight's gonna be crazy, my family and Paige's family are here for the match. I just wish TJ was able to make it, but noooooooo he had a match himself on the same night. UGH!!!!!

--

Tonight's match:

Paige and you wanted to stay away from each other so the match can really draw the crowd in. Everyone backstage wishes both girls good luck and that you two are gonna kill it tonight, but the nerves aren't going away.

"Tonight is the night we crown a new NXT Women's Champion. These two young ladies came from a small company called FCW, and let me say, Corey, these two ladies made an impact their first night here in NXT," one of the commentators, Michael Cole, said.

"You're right Cole. Paige and Y/R/N have made a huge impact on the NXT Women's division. These two ladies are best friends, they've traveled together, train together, and they live together. So the pressure is on for these two women, will their friendship come between them or are they gonna put it aside and act like it's another opponent," Corey Graves, another commentator, said.

"And as you see on your screen, the entire NXT locker room is out here on the stage to witness the finals on the tournament," Cole said into his headset.

Paige and you met backstage behind the curtain, you looked at her and she did too. Both of you smiled and took deep breaths.

"Is this really happening," you asked.

"It really is. Good luck," Paige said pulling you into a hug.

"Good luck. Hopefully, this doesn't ruin our friendship," you said hugging her back.

"This match will next tear us apart," Paige said fixing her jacket.

--

The ring announcer stood in the middle of the ring with the ref next to her. She held the microphone next to her mouth and announced the final match of the night, "This is the finals of the NXT Women's Championship tournament!"

Paige's music played, she gave you one last look before heading out to the ring.

The ring announcer introduced Paige, "From Norwich, England, weighing in at 120 lbs. Paige!"

You watched Paige on the monitor backstage, you had goosebumps all over your body as this match was really happening.

Your music started to fill up the arena and the crowd started screaming. The ring announcer held the microphone up once again and introduced you, "And her opponent. From Los Angeles, California, weighing in at Y/W lbs. Y/R/N!"

You stopped at the top of the stage where all the NXT superstars stood. Looking around the crowd you couldn't believe this was truly happening. Walking down the ramp, you spotted your parents and Paige's parents sitting next to each other. At least they're here. I'm happy there... hold up... TJ? You little mother-

You hopped up on the ring apron and finished your entrance. Looking across the ring, Paige stares at you will determination on her face, but sadness in her eyes. I feel you, Paige. Good luck. I love you, Vampire!

The bell rang, Paige and you stood in the middle and hugged before squaring up. Paige took the dominant role for most of the match, and she was killing it. She threw you for loops and countered your counter attacks. Where did all of this come from?

In the middle of the match, Paige and you were on the canvas floor both panting like dogs. The ref was counting and the whole roster was cheering and clapping at the match before their eyes. The WWE Universe was clapping and cheering, both families were yelling and cheering, the entire world was cheering and yelling. The count was nearing eight, but lucky enough Paige and you popped up and screamed like a banshee in each other's faces. Paige went for a forearm, but you blocked it with your hands and punched her square in the jaw pushing her back.

The match was nearing its end as both Paige and you gave everything each of you had. Paige and you were kneeling on the canvas ring, you looked at Paige as she looked at you. Paige nodded at you and you nodded back. We have to end this now and crown a victor.

Back and forth with punches and kicks, Paige and you had some hard times standing up on two feet. You took one last look at Paige before kicking her to her back. The crowd was cheering and yelling, I have to end this. You hopped up on the top rope and balanced yourself on top. Here goes nothing! You jumped off the rope and flipped twice in the air, 450 Splash! You immediately covered Paige. 1...2...kick out by Paige. You couldn't believe it, but you did, it's Paige. You put your head in your hands thinking about what to do next. Her knee was hurt earlier... I don't wanna do this to you Paige, but I have too. I'm sorry!

You rolled Paige over to her stomach, you grabbed ahold of her left leg that was injured earlier. You wrapped her legs around yours completing the Kneebar. Paige was screaming in agony and you were hurting on in the inside. Paige couldn't hold on any longer... she tapped out. The bell rang, the crowd went crazy, and the entire locker room went nuts. You unwrapped your legs and rolled Paige back over to her back.

You embraced her in a hug on the floor and whisper-shouted, "I'm so sorry Paige! I know how much you wanted this! I love you!"

Paige weakly wrapped her arms around you, "Don't be sorry. That was the best match we've ever had together. I love you too!"

The ref walked over to you and handed you the inarguable NXT Women's Championship. You held the title belt in your hands, you started thinking back on the challenges that you faced, and how much you worked hard for this exact moment. You started crying tears of joy as Paige stood up and hugged you one last time.

"That was an incredible match shown by those two women," Cole said into his headset.

"That match was insane. The heart Paige and Y/R/N displayed is something that the NXT locker room can't show," Graves said into his headset.

The ring announcer stood up from her chair at ringside and announced the winner, "You're winner of this match and NEW NXT Women's Champion, Y/R/N!"

Paige and you hugged one last time before sliding out of the ring and hugging all the family members at ringside. You hugged your parents and Paige's before hugging TJ who tricked you into thinking he wasn't coming.

You got to TJ and hit his chest kind of hard, "You tricked me. You said you weren't coming."

He laughed, "Surprise! That match was insane! Congrats Y/N."

You smiled and hugged him, "Thank you."

"I'll see you backstage with everyone else," TJ said releasing from the hug.

You nodded and went to Paige. You took her hand and lead her back to the ramp where the NXT locker room was clapping. The girls walked up to Paige and you, they all hugged you and congratulated both of you. Some of the men hugged and congratulated both of you, and last but not least, Hunter (Triple H) hugged both of you.

"Congrats girls," he said hugging each of us.

"Thank you, sir," both of you said in unison.

Hunter turned towards you and took your hand in his. He raised it high for the WWE Universe to cheer and scream one last time. You raised the title up high in your other hand and smiled. I can't believe that just happened. I'm the inarguable NXT Women's Champion.