Chapter 40

Your POV

TJ and I stayed on the beach for about two to three hours enjoying the day, but it was starting to get boring. The time was nearing four o'clock, the dreaded time before TJ leaves for Los Angeles. I sat up from my towel and turned towards TJ.

"You hungry," I asked.

"Yes I am," TJ said jumping up from the towel.

I stood up as well and reached for the beach bag, "Then let's pack up and go eat."

I put my cover-up back on and TJ puts his shirt back on. We headed to the car and jumped in, I put the car in reverse and backed out of the parking lot. I drove us to a local diner that was in between the house and the hotel that my parents were at.

We walked in and sat by a window. Paige and I came here for out cheat days because the food is soooooooo good. The waitress came to our table to take our order, she looks new? I know every girl in here, and she's definitely new.

"Hello, my name's Ashley and I'll be taking care of you. What would you like to drink," she asked.

"I would like a Coke," I said looking at her.

She turned to TJ and I saw her eyes light up, "And what can I get you handsome?"

"I'll have water," he said looking at her.

This girl better not be trying to flirt with TJ. I'm probably overreacting, but I can tell by the way her eyes lit up. I love this diner and I don't wanna get kicked out for drop kicking this girl. Now, I don't blame her, she is pretty... buuuuuuuuuuut... TJ is taken.

Ashley, our waitress, wrote down our drinks and looked back at us, "Do you guys know what you want to eat?"

We nodded in unison. "I'll have a Bacon Cheeseburger with fries," I said closing my menu.

"And I'll have a Grilled Chicken sandwich, all the way with fried as well," TJ said closing his menu.

Ashley wrote down our orders and glanced over to TJ. "You must work out a lot."

He nodded, "Yeah. I try to get at least two workouts down in one day."

She smiled, "That's cool. So workout when you wake up and workout before you sleep?"

I sat there listening to this conversation trying not to yell at her. Keep calm... breath... he'll notice soon. Hopefully?

Finally, one of the main waitresses called Ashley over. "Sorry, I got carried away. I'll put the order in," she said before walking away.

I tried to ignore the fact that this Ashley chick just secretly flirted with MY TJ AND HE DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE! I released a furious dragon type exhale and distracted myself with my phone, so I texted Paige to see what she was up to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N:

Having fun with your parents?

Paige:

Yes. We're at a bar eating.

How's it going with TJ?

Y/N:

It was good.

Paige:

Oh no... what happened?