Chapter 80

The following week, WWE was set in Chicago and it was the week of TJ's birthday. All three nights in New York, you kept searching for stuff to do in or around Chicago. The result? NOTHING! The worst thing was, every time you were searching for stuff to do it stressed you out till you reached your limit. TJ would ask concerningly every time, and the only excuse was "I'm just tired."

Paige rode with Nattie to Chicago and you rode with TJ, like always. During the drive, your eyes were glued to your phone searching and searching to things for TJ's birthday, and still ended up with nothing. Every so often, due to your frustration, you would let out deep sighs as each searched ended quickly.

"Now that sigh isn't a tired sigh, that's a pissed off sigh. What's wrong," TJ asked as his eyes were on the road.

"Nothing," you replied.

"And that's a lie," TJ said to himself.

You looked over at him, "What?"

"You only do that when something is bothering you, and clearly something is bothering you. What is it this time," he questioned.

You rolled your eyes towards the passenger side window, "It's nothing okay. Can we just drop it?"

TJ raised both eyebrows in surprise at your clear frustration, "Okaaaaay... clearly you're mad and don't wanna tell me. Fine by me."

You threw your head back onto the seat, "Whatever."

After TJ backed off the car was silent, either one of you wanted to break the tension. You set your phone down and looked out the window again to clear your head before reaching the hotel.

--

At the hotel, TJ checked both of you in and got the room key. You followed behind him silently as we headed to the elevator. In the elevator, TJ pressed the fourth button on the panel and watched the door closed. You stole a few glances in his direction, he knew he was mad and wanted to talk about why you've been stressed, but you didn't want to tell him the surprise yet.

Once both of you entered the hotel room, TJ set his stuff on a bench and you set your stuff on the couch and sat down next to it. You went back to searching while TJ sat on the bed and watched you.

TJ's POV:

As we both entered our room, I set my bag down on a bench and Y/N set her bag on the couch. She took her phone back out and started doing the same thing again. What is she looking at? I know Y/N hates it when I press on her about her frustration, but she doesn't let me help her and I want to so badly.

She punched the couch cushion next to her in anger. Slamming her phone down on the hurt cushion, I tried to ask her again. Big mistake.

"What? You run out of moves on Candy Crush," I asked jokingly to break the tension.

"Shut up," she growled lowly.

"Listen Y/N, I know you it when I try to press, but I want to help," I said with sadness in my eyes.

"It's nothing you can do or fix," she said.

"Can you at least give me a category," I said throwing my hands out.

"Surprise," she replied with anger weaved into her voice.

"Surprise, okay? Does it have to deal with a friend," I questioned. "Let's see, if you won't speak then I'll just throw out random names," I said rubbing my chin.

She just looked down at the floor, "Let's see how good you are."

I tried about every name in WWE that has a September birthday, but I was nowhere close apparently. I gave up after she shot every name down.