Chapter 24

TJ's POV:

Y/N let me choose the movie while she went upstairs to change into more comfortable clothes. I looked through all her movie selections and decided on 'A Quiet Place'. (It was an okay movie for me, but that's just my opinion.) Y/N came back down and showed her my movie selection.

"Oh, scary movie," she said inserting the DVD into the player.

We shut all the lights off and closed all the curtains to make the room completely dark. She grabbed some blankets, and we claimed one each. I sat on the left side of the couch by the armrest and she had the middle. Keep your distance, but be there if she gets scared. I hope she's afraid of scary movies?

The movie had some jump scares in the beginning, but not enough for her to get scared. I probably should've asked her what horror movie she hadn't seen. Luckily, the movie's scare scenes were starting to pick up a bit, what if I scare her when a jump scare happens? A certain scene was inching closer and closer to the scare, and I notice she was starting to grip her blanket hard. Now, I just need perfect timing. My hand inched closer and closer to her shoulder, she was so focused on the movie that she didn't see my hand. Just my luck, the scariest scene happened and my timing was perfect.

She screamed bloody murder, "AHHHHHHHH!"

I tried to hold my laugh in, and I did. I sat up like I was concerned, "Are you okay?"

She nodded, "Yeah... the scene got me, just like horror movies are supposed to do."

I gave her concerned eyes, "Are you sure? I'm right here if you need me."

She looked down shyly, "Okay."

Y/N shifted her position and laid in my arms, this is perfect. My arms were around her waist, and her hands met mine. She laid her head back on my chest and got comfortable, I'm so glad I chose this movie. Five hundred points to TJ Perkins!

--

We watched about five or six movies, and I saw it was getting late. I don't want to leave, but I have too. Y/N shut off the TV and I turned on a lamp behind me. We got up from the couch and walked to the door, I opened the door and she followed me to my car.

"That was a great stay-at-home movie date," I said unlocking my car.

"Yeah, it was. Wait... that was a date," she said confusingly.

I nodded, "I thought it was?"

She shook it off, "Uh, yeah. I just wasn't thinking straight. Whoops?"

I laughed, "It's okay. Today was really fun and fantastic."

She smiled, "Today was fun. I'll see you tomorrow, same time?"

I nodded again, "Same time tomorrow."

Y/N was about to leave, but I grabbed her hand before she could walk away. She turned away and blushed, she looks so adorable when she blushes. She looked down at her feet out of nervousness, I chuckled. I cupped her face with my right hand and placed my left hand on her waist. I leaned in slowly and captured her lips with mine. It wasn't a peck or anything, but a loving one. It felt like time slowed down and the whole world stopped. I broke the kiss and placed my forehead on hers. We both smiled, she giggled and bit her bottom lip, and I chuckled quietly.

"Goodnight, Sunshine," I said holding her longer.

"Goodnight, Playboy," she said softly hitting my chest.

I kissed her one more time and hopped in my car. We waved goodbye as I put the car in reverse. I saw her bit her bottom lip and smile before walking back to the house. I can't get enough of her. She's so unique, shy, sassy, and quirky. I think she's the one I was waiting for. I smiled and replayed the whole day in my head.

End of POV