Chapter 59

A few nights later, at NXT was, unfortunately, your last night. WWE wanted you to give a farewell speech before calling out your last opponent, and eventually losing that title to that person.

The night was coming to a close when it was your time to address the NXT Universe. Your music played and the crowd started cheering.

"Making her way to the ring, she is the NXT Women's Champion and the WWE Divas Champion, Y/R/N," the ring announcer said.

You entered the ring with only the NXT Women's title on. Taking the microphone from the announcer the crowd didn't let you speak for a few minutes. When you tried to speak a word, the NXT Universe would shut you down.

You smiled at them and held the microphone up again, "Can I talk now?"

The crowd yelled, "No!"

You laughed, "Wrestlemania was crazy right? Oh my gosh! They say changes always happen the day after Wrestlemania and boy were they right! I mean, who would've thought that the longest reigning NXT Women's Champion would make a surprising debut on Monday Night Raw... and become the new WWE Divas Champion?"

The WWE Universe cheered again.

You continued, "It's crazy... I still can't believe it. But with a heavy heart, I have to tell you guys that this is my last night here on NXT. My journey here was long, wavy, and shiny... and it was all thanks to you, the WWE Universe. Now last week, WWE gave me the power to pick my last opponent here on NXT, and I put a lot of thought into it. I always said that I wanted to go down swinging, and baby let me tell you, I am going to do that. And for my last match, MY NXT Women's Championship is on the line! I get to choose my opponent, and I had to think long and hard about this decision, but I have decided. This woman... she is a total badass! This woman is the hardest working girl that I know, and she has the same heart as me when it comes to wrestling. She wrestled all her life basically, and she is part of the Anti-Divas... she is the same woman I faced in the finals of the NXT Women's Championship tournament. Ladies and Gentleman, my opponent is my best friend Paige!"

The crowd yelled even louder when Paige walked out to her music. She looked at me with shock and sympathy in her eyes.

Paige and you were on the other side of the ring staring at each other. The bell sounded for the match to begin. Paige and you gave a quick hug before stepping back and actually starting the match.

--

The match ended (because I'm too lazy to actually describe it) with Paige become the victor and the new NXT Women's Champion. That's what you wanted to happen. The WWE Universe was cheering and chanting at the end of the match. You hugged Paige once she had the title in her hand.

"Thank you," Paige whispered into my ear in the hug.

"You deserve it," you replied.

You held Paige's hand up again and let her believe her reality was true. Paige cried her eyes out while looking at the title. Leaving the ring the crowd chanted at you.

"Thank you Y/R/N... Thank you Y/R/N," they chanted.

You bowed towards the crowd and blew a massive kiss to them before leaving the NXT stage... forever.

--

You waited for Paige backstage to congratulate her once again. She met you by the stairs and hugged you once more. The entire NXT locker room was nearby the hug both of you. Everyone was emotional that night, and you don't blame them. Your life in NXT is over, and they taught you some valuable lessons, but it's time for the main roster. It's time to show Raw and Smackdown Live how we superstars in NXT do it!