Chapter 16

The event came to a close, and TJ was the victor, again. You stayed behind like last time and waited for the crowd to clear out. While waiting for the gym to clear a little more, you replayed what TJ did during his match. He freakin' kissed my hand and forehead! Paige is gonna flip out when she hears about this.

The gym was getting pretty empty so you made your escape. The cold air wasn't as bad as it was a few nights ago. You took out your phone and texted TJ.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N:

I'm outside waiting. Let me know when you're out.

10 minutes later

TJ:

Okay!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You waiting for TJ to leave the building, but no sign of him or a text. You watched the crowd of people behind the outside barricade chanting, screaming, and cheering. These people really love their local and semi-local wrestlers.

Your POV:

I waited thirty plus minutes for him, and I was tired of waiting. I wanted to leave so badly, but my body wouldn't let me. Waiting... and waiting... and waiting. My phone went off and I grabbed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TJ:

I'm outside.

Y/N:

Finally! I was about to leave your ass.

TJ:

But you didn't :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I headed towards the barricade and saw him waiting for me like a puppy. Cute. He saw me and smiled like a kid.

"Hey," he said.

"Hello," I said while we hugged. "Congrats on your victory."

He smiled again, "Thanks! I guess I really do have a good luck charm."

I gave him a discussed look, "Ew! You're lucky I'm not kicking your ass for what you pulled in there."

He played dumb, "What do you mean?'

I gave him a straight face, "Really? I'm talking about you kissing my hand and my forehead! What the hell was that all about?"

He laughed, "As you said, I'm a playboy, it's part of my 'character.'"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Whatever. It's your character, not mine."

End of POV

You two stayed at the high school gym for a few more minutes talking. TJ offered to take you home, but you denied. He kept asking like a little kid until you gave in, and it worked.

TJ had the radio going to fill up the silent car. He had Blink 182 playing and he was quietly singing along.

"I like your shirt by the way. Blink 182 is one of my favorite bands," TJ said out of the blues.

You shyly smiled, "Thanks. I don't listen to the band actually, I thought it was a cool shirt."

He chuckled, "Makes sense. Nice Air Jordan 12 retro's."