Chapter 66

Mid-July:

In the hot summer of July, WWE was back in Florida for Raw and Smackdown, but we were also welcoming a new show to WWE, the CruiserWeight Classics. This tournament is going to be huge, 32 men from around the world under 205 pounds were going to compete.

Paige and you were back home sitting around after getting back from the WWE Performance Center. Both of you talked about the tournament and how intense it was gonna be because all the men came from different background, different companies, and different wrestling techniques. Some of the WWE superstars from all companies were gonna be at the tournament to watch the first show and all the matches.

--

Around 3 pm, Paige and you got dressed for tonight's tournament. Paige wore white jeans, black tank top, black leather jacket, and black heels. You wore blue jeans, your shirt from WWE shop, and black high-top Converse.

Arriving at the arena, some fans of the WWE Universe were standing outside waiting in line for the doors to open. They spotted some of us pulling into the parking lot and started cheering. So far to arrive were Finn, Sasha, Bayley, Seth, Corey Graves, Paige, and you. All of us walked over to the fans and started signing thing, taking pictures, and talking with them to pass the time.

We all waved goodbye to the fans and walked into the building. All of us took in a big whiff of air to bring back the memories of our NXT days, well everyone that's not Paige. Corey, Seth, and Finn walked off to meet some of the guys leaving all the girls by themselves. Bayley suggested we head to the ring area to see what was going on and to see what the stage looked like.

Entering the ring area, we looked around at the stage. They changed all the yellow and black colors of NXT to purple and silver to the Classics. Some of the competitors were out in the ring area as well with the showrunners making sure they liked their entrance song and their represented flags were perfect.

All of the girls stood by the seats behind the barricade checking the guys out and predicting the winners. Sasha, Bayley, and Paige were predicting their winners when Sasha looked at you to see what your prediction was.

"How about you Y/N," Sasha asked.

"What," you replied with confusion.

Sasha laughed, "I asked you who do you think will win?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't think it's good to pick a winner yet. We haven't seen them fight, so how can we pick. Plus, you could just be jinxing your pick."

Paige placed her hand on my shoulder, "Just say TJ."

All four girls laughed and continued to watch the stage being step up. Most of the guys spotted us and waved, as we waved back for politeness. We sat down behind the barricade and talked more about stuff when you spotted TJ, who was focused on tonight.

TJ's POV:

I would be lying saying I wasn't nervous, but I'm totally nervous about tonight. I know my skills and my passion for wrestling is going to serve me well, but I could always be wrong. Most of these guys want the same thing I do, and that's to be the inarguable CruiserWeight Champion.

I was out by the ring with the other guys checking on our entrance making sure everything was set and perfect. Some of the guys were fine with their entrance and now it was my turn to check my stuff.

"Alright TJ Perkins here's your entrance," a showrunner said.

I looked up at the tron and say my name of the screen, the song was great, but one thing wasn't right. It was the flag behind my name.

"Hey, do you mind if we change the American flag to the Philippine flag," I asked kindly.

"Sure we can do that," the runner said. He spoke into his headset, "Mr. Perkins would like the Philippine flag instead of the American flag."

Within a simple sentence, my flag changed from the American flag to the Philippine flag. I smiled at the new sight and thanked him. I walked backstage after I gave them a green light for my entrance and found one of my best friends, Rich Swann, who was so in the Classics.

"TJ my man! What's going on bud," Rich asked as he shook my hand.

"Swannie! Not much, just nervous for this deal tonight," I replied.

"You got nothing to worry about TJ, you got the skill and the charm," Rich said jokingly.

"Haha, thanks, man. I know you'll go far as well in this thing," I said assuring him of his future.

"Ah, thanks, man. So... where's your Princess," Rich asked.

"She'll be here tonight with the others from the main roster," I said.

"That sounds good man. I'll see you tonight for the opening," Rich said shaking my hand one more time before leaving.

"See you tonight," I replied waving him off.

I need to refocus for tonight. I know Y/N will be here, but I can't let that distract me. Well, Y/N's not a total distraction, but if I wanna win this and be the first ever CruiserWeight Champion, then I gotta beat about five guys to make that dream happen.

End of POV