Chapter 67

As the night rolled on, it was time for the CruiserWeight Classics to begin. A cameraman by ringside filmed some of the WWE superstars from the main roster to show that they also support new and upcoming talents.

All the CruiserWeights lined up by the side of the ring and was introduced by the ring announcer one by one. As the roll call went on, it was TJ's turn to be introduced. Before the ring announcer could even speak, almost everyone cheered when TJ took center stage.

After the ring announcer finished introducing the WWE Universe to the 32 men, it was time for the first fight of the night. Later on in the night, it was time for TJ's first match in WWE. His opponent for tonight was Da Mack.

You were nervous for TJ because this tournament means a lot to TJ, and if he were to lose tonight... who knows what's next for TJ Perkins. The girls noticed how tense you were for TJ's match, but they reassured you that it's okay and nothing bad is going to happen.

Da Mack was the first one to come out, and everyone pretty much cheered no matter what, because tonight was electrifying. Next, TJ came out and he had a bigger pop than Da Mack did. He walked up to the camera and blew a kiss to it, but something was different about his entrance... he didn't put on his "Playboy" attitude.

"Woah, TJ's a whole different man," Sasha said.

You nodded, "He is."

Paige looked at us confused, "What do you mean?"

You clarified for Paige, "He's not 'Playboy' Perkins anymore. He dropped it for this tournament, he wants a clean slate for this tournament."

Paige looked into the ring and saw how focused TJ is, "OMG, you're right! He's completely focused and acting like no one's here at all."

Bayley nodded, "Yeah. This should be good."

--

The match went on for a solid twenty minutes or so, and the end was near. Da Mack was having a hard time standing on his own two feet at this point in the match. TJ knew he had to close the match right now. He lifted Mack on his shoulders, a.k.a Fireman's Carry, and bounced him off his shoulders landing the top of his foot into the side of Mack's face. TJ calls that move the Detonation Kick, and it's pretty effective. TJ went for the cover, 1... 2... 3... ding, ding, ding!!! TJ Perkins just won his first match in WWE. You and the girls started jumping up and down like happy little girls at a carnival.

The ref held both men's wrists but lifted TJ's up in the air signaling that he was the victor. TJ had a big smile on his face and hugged Da Mack for his amazing effort and the fight. You couldn't stop smiling yourself because you're so happy for TJ and how far he's come. There was one more match to end the night, but you didn't care at all. You told the girls you were heading backstage to find TJ, and they perfectly understood.

--

Your POV:

After I got away from the WWE Universe, I practically sprinted to the back to find TJ. After I hit the backstage area and found some of the other men and asked where TJ was, and they happily told me. I thanked them and speed walked off to find him before he reached the locker room.

After looking back and forth down the halls, I finally spotted my Pinoy Boy. I smiled so big my jaw could've popped off.

"Teddy James Perkins," I yelled down the hall.

He turned around to see who called him, and he saw me standing there. I didn't walk to him, I ran to him and jumped into his arms. Luckily he was ready to catch me when I jumped into his embrace.

"Hey! You never hug me right after a match," TJ said.

I giggled, "I know, it's because you're really sweaty after matches, but right now I don't care."

He hugged me tighter, "I guess this is my only pass for this?"

I nodded, "Yes it is."

He set me back down on the floor and gave me a little peck on the lips, "Thank you for being here."

I smiled like a kid, "Why wouldn't I be here? This was your first match in WWE, I had to be here no matter what."

He smiled back, "I know, but I always mean it. Whatever match or company it is, you're always there."

I laughed, "Keep up the good work, I might even get to support and see you every night."

He chuckled, "That's the plan, but you can't jinx your future."

He hugged me once again, "I'll see you in a bit, I'm gonna clean up and change. See you in about ten minutes?"

I nodded, "Ten minutes sounds good. I'll be in the viewing room."

He gave me the thumbs up before heading to the locker room.

--

Once I reached the viewing room, some of the Cruiserweights saw me and greeted me. After the greeting and introductions, I sat down and watched the final match backstage. One of the Cruiserweights sat down next to me. He looked to be shorter than TJ, he was African-American, and he obviously changed into normal clothing.

He stuck his hand out for a handshake, "Hello. I'm Rich Swann."

I shook his hand, "Hey. I'm Y/N."

He smiled, "So you're TJ's girlfriend?"

I titled my head, "How did you know?"

He waved his hand to clarify, "He and I are friends. TJ talks a little bit about you, and he's showed me a picture."

I blushed, "Oh, I hope they were good things."

He laughed, "They always are, don't worry."

I nodded, "Okay. Congrats on your victory, by the way."

He smiled again, "Thank you!"

I smiled back, "No problem."

Rich and I focused back on the match and commented on it. Some of the others were watching as well and inputting their comments into the match. While watching the match, you saw a figure sit down next to you, but you didn't look because the match was getting good. I was sitting one leg crossed over the other, and my left hand resting on my knee when I felt my hand get warm. I looked down and saw another hand on top of mine, I wanted to pull my hand away and freak out, but it was only TJ.

After the final match concluded, everyone in the viewing room was cheering and clapping at the end of the first night, but the competition was only getting started. Rich stood up and saw TJ next to me.

"Hey Perkins, good job out there," Rich commented.

TJ stood up followed by me, "Thanks man, you did great too."

The guys talked for a few minutes until Rich pointed to me, "You got one supportive girl, my dude."

TJ wrapped his right arm around my waist, "I sure do, don't I? I'm just happy to have her here."

I smiled with hints of blush rushing to my cheeks, "Shut up. It was all you in that ring."

TJ shrugged his shoulders and quickly pouted, "True, but I still got my good luck charm by my side."

Rich laughed, "You two are something else. Send me the wedding invite."

TJ lightly punched Rich's arm, "Hey man, don't start saying that."

I tried to act tough now, "Yeah Swann, TJ's career in WWE is just starting and I'm still focused on my career."

Rich stuck his arms up in defense, "I read you loud and clear, but I'm just saying."

TJ and I rolled our eyes at Rich, then said our goodbyes to him before leaving the viewing room. Eventually, we found Sasha, Bayley, and Paige backstage talking about the night. We all talked for about ten or so minutes then said waved goodbye to Sasha and Bayley.

Paige and I offered TJ to stay at our place, and he basically couldn't reject the offer what so ever. We all got home and ordered two large pizzas to celebrate the victory of TJ and the success of the CWC.

End of POV