Chapter two

Brody drove me home so my dad could tell what was going on. It took us 20 minutes to get there. When she pulled up, we said our goodbyes and Brody left. I ran into the house to see Remi next to my mum. "What's going on?" I turned to my dad to see a tall guy. He had black hair and piercing green eyes. "Rose I need you to pack your things and go with this man. He will take care of you from now on," my dad replied. "What is this, am I being sold is that what it is?" I could feel the tears coming up in my eyes. "Call it whatever you want rose but you need to go pack your things and leave," he sighed. "Mum please, don't let him do this," I turned to her. "I'm so sorry darling, the deals been made," she sobbed into Remi's chest. "I curse the days I've ever called you dad," I spat at him then ran to my room slamming my door. After a couple minutes of packing someone knocked the door. "Come in," I called out. No one answered but knocked again. "Remi we've spoken about this, you don't always have to knock the damn door," I yelled. The door creaked open, the man stood leaning against the threshold with his arms crossed. "I'm almost done, don't worry," I told him wiping my tears away. I zipped up my suitcase and grabbed my bags. "I can help you if you want," he said. "Sure," I replied and gave him my suitcase and a couple bags. "You can go say your final goodbyes, I'll be in the car waiting for you," he said. "alright be right there," I smiled then went to my 'family'. I hugged Remi and my mum and glared at my dad. "Rose plea-" my dad started. "No dad, you didn't want me anymore I get it. It's one last thing you have to worry about," I cut him off and left. The guy was stood by the car waiting for me to come out. "You ready?" He asked. "Do i have a say in the matter?" I replied. "Not really no," he responded. "Let's go then," I told him. We got in the car and set off. "So what's your name?" He broke the silence. "Rose, Rose Di'Angelo, yours?" I told him. "Salvatore Carter," he said. He asked me a bunch of questions that I answered and he answered mine. In such a short car ride we got to know a lot about each other. Soon after, Salvatore pulled up to a gate and entered a code. The gate opened to a huge, beautiful house.

"This is your house?" I asked wide eyed and mouth open

"This is your house?" I asked wide eyed and mouth open. "Yeah. It got passed down to me from my parents," he smiled at my reaction. "Do you live here alone or do you have roommates?" I turned to him. "Well I'm in a gang so I have 5 of my most trusted men that live with me. So yeah I have roommates," he laughed. "Does that mean my dads in a gang since he sold me to you?" I questioned Salvatore. "No, I needed a strong woman in the house and you dad told me your pretty strong. From what I've seen you are very brave as well as strong," he smirked at me. "It was you at Starbucks earlier today," I gasped at the realisation. "Yeah, you put your brother under the table and covered him with you body. I can see you would die for the ones you love," he exclaimed. "Yeah. I don't take shit from no one, keep that in mind," I pointed to him and laughed. We got out of the car and grabbed my stuff. Salvatore showed me to his room where he said I would be staying with him. I thought it was strange at first but got used to the idea. He helped me put everything away, my clothes in the closet and my toiletries in the bathroom. After I flipped on his bed I heard men shouting and laughing. "The guys are back, do you want to come meet them?" Salvatore asked. "Yeah, better get to know everyone instead of being intimidated by a bunch of guys," I told him. "Trust me, they are all childish until they have to be serious, you'll fit in don't worry," he smiled at me. He lead me downstairs to the kitchen where 5 guys sat around the table. "Guys this is Rose, she will be the woman of the house," Salvatore smirked. Out of no where, I saw someone come at me from the side of me. I round house kicked him in the face. "Oh my god I'm so sorry. I saw you coming at me and my reflexes came out," I panicked and helped him up. "It's ok, at least we know you can fight. I'm Hugo," he told me. "Rose," I shook his hand. "I'm nick, I saw you at Starbucks earlier today," one said. "I'm Ronnie," another called out. "Bentley," another introduced. "Best til last, I'm Griffin," they all introduced themselves and gave me a hug. We ordered some food and got to know each other. After we ate we sat and put some music on for a while until I heard girls laughing. 5 girls filed into the kitchen and smiled at me. "This is Rose, she is the new gang member," Salvatore told them. "Lynn," "amber," "Jessica," "violet," "Connie," they all introduced themselves and gave me a hug. Everyone was so welcoming and made me feel apart of the gang. "Ok, let's go train before it gets to late. We need to see what rose can actually do," Salvatore clapped his hands. We all went to our bedrooms to get into gym clothes.

Roses training clothes

I got changed and Salvatore had grey shorts on with black trainers. He wasn't wearing a top so it was kind of distracting. We left the room and got to the bottom of the stairs. "Come on guys let's go," Salvatore shouted. With that the guys and girls came running down the stairs.