Chapter 52

Luna's POV

In my fourth lesson I was sat right at the back. Damon was sat at the front on the other side. Two girls in front of me were whispering. "I can't believe Enzo has let it go on for so long," one of them laughed a little. "I know, he usually fucks them then leaves," the other leaned in. "Everyone knows Luna is just a conquest that Enzo has managed to get with. I'm just surprised it's gone on for so long," they both laughed. I pretended to not hear any of it and I would confront Enzo at lunch.

The bell rang and everyone filed out of the room. I saw Damon go back to mr Greene's room so I went to find Enzo. "I'm just a conquest huh?" I asked. "What are you talking about?" He smiled a little. "I've been hearing people talk Enzo, am I another conquest of your play boy games," I started shouting by this time. Henry was looking my way but didn't come over. "No your not, I love you," Enzo sighed. "That's bullshit," I shouted really loud. Damon come running in the hall, he tried to get to me but students were blocking him. "I'm just another one of your shitty conquests," I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. "That's not true, I actually like you Luna, why can't you see that?" He took as step forward to me and I took one back. "Enzo just give up the act, she's found out," Kyle told him. "You bullshit so much that you believe your own lies," I spat at him. Enzo lifted up his hand to hit me, i braced my self for impact to come. Instead it didn't, when I opened my eyes Damon had punched Enzo, Kyle and Kevin next to him. Damon turned to me and pulled me out of the school. "Let go of me," I shouted. Damon stayed silent and put me in the passenger side of his car. He got in and started driving. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Home," he replied. I didn't realise his accent until now. I wanted to hear it more clear. "Why did you do that?" I questioned him. "Because he went to hit you so I stopped him," Damon sounded angry. For the rest of the way home the car was silent. When he parked I got out of the car and ran to my room.

Damon's POV

As soon as the car stopped Luna jumped out of the car and ran into the house. I went to sit in the living room until I had to go pick up the kids. A couple hours later I got a reminder that I had to leave. I went up to tell Luna that I was going, I knocked her door. "Yeah," she called out. "I'm going to pick up the others from school, do you want to come?" I asked. The room was silent for a moment and then Luna came out. "Are you ok, mi amor?" I broke the silence as we walked to the car. "No, I had a feeling I shouldn't have trusted him," she replied. "You always seem to trust the wrong people, I learnt that the hard way to," I stopped and got in the car. "What happened to you?" She looked at me. I knew for a fact that Luna had been crying. "Back in Spain there was this girl and she would go around with every boy. I fell into her trap and I haven't trusted myself to be in a relationship again," I explained. "How long ago was that?" Curiosity lacing her voice. "4 years ago," I replied. Soon enough I got the school to pick up the younger ones. Rose had introduced me to them as well so I wouldn't be a stranger when I picked them up. "Hey Damon," each of them smiled up at me. "Hey guys. Your mums in a meeting, why don't I take you to get ice cream or something?" I smiled down at little Cole that got excited when ice cream came out of my mouth. They all nodded and we want back to the car. "We're going to get ice cream Luna," Cole shouted happily which made me chuckle. "Really? Who's buying that for you?" She asked. "Damon," Cole replied sheepishly. "Way to rat me out kiddo," I laughed playfully. "Can we go now?" Dakota whined. I laughed again and started driving. We got the the ice cream place and brought everyone an ice cream except for me and Luna. After they were finished we left the shop and went home. Hunter and Dakota went to play video games, Emilio went to play with Jaques and Cole. I flopped on the sofa and put my head back and closed my eyes. "You alright, mi amor?" I asked as I felt Luna sit next to me. "Nothing, just bored," she replied. "What happened with that kid at school?" I faced her. "He used me and now I'm single once again. He was supposed to take me out Saturday for my 17th birthday but that isn't happening anymore," she told me. "If it hurts that much we don't have to talk about it," I sighed. "Thanks," Luna smiled and leaned back. "So why are you here?" She sounded curious again. "Your dad hired me from a gang I used to be in back in Spain. Your mum gave me an order of protecting you at school for the rest of the year, that's why I punched that idiot," I explained. Before she could say anything else, Henry and Lexi walked through the door. "Hey guys," Henry said cheerfully. "You sound cheerful," I looked up at Henry. "Yep, Enzo now has a broken nose. It took you one punch to break his nose. The thing is it looked like you didn't put any effort into it," Henry stated. "That's because I didn't," I chuckled. "What are you? Made go steal!" Lexi looked shocked. "No, my old gang made us work out a lot," I told them. "Makes sense that your that big," Lexi shrugged and sat down.