Chapter 81

Luna's POV

Someone slowly placed me down on my bed, they put the covers over me then left. When I heard the door close, I opened my eyes then sat up bringing my knees to my chest. Over the hours I heard people walking past my room, whispering. They wouldn't come in, they would just stop and speak. "How's she doing?" I heard an unfamiliar voice. "Well, she lost the father of her baby and she loved him more than I've ever seen her love anyone. To be honest I think for a couple days we should take Elijah and let Luna have time to herself," that's when I heard my mum. "Ok, you know what to do if you need me," the voice told my mum then walked away. There was a knock at my door then my mum walked through. "Hey darling. How you holding up?" She asked. "Not good," I replied. "Luna you have been locked in this room for hours, why don't you come out and walk around the house or even the garden," my mum suggested. "Who was that?" I asked. "Who?" My mum seemed confused. "I heard you taking to a guy outside my door, who is he?" I replied. "No one for you to worry about for the moment," she smiled at me. "So how about that walk, maybe even see Elijah," she added. "How's he doing?" I remembered I hadn't seen him. "I think he's looking for Damon but he really needs his mum," she sighed. "Ok," I nodded then slowly got off the bed. My mum stood up with me then we walked to the kitchen together. Laughter filled the room as we went in. "Hey Luna," everyone greeted me. They all had drinks in their hands and took a sip. "Hey guys," my throat sounded croaky from how much I had been crying. "How you feeling?" Griffin looked at me. "Been better. It's weird turning over and him not being there," I replied. "It'll get easier sweetheart I promise," Hugo nodded at me. "Do you want a drink?" Ronnie lifted up a bottle of Jack Daniels. "1 I'm a mum and 2 I'm not 18 yet so I can't," I giggled a little. "Who are you. Whenever we got the drinks out you were the first kid to be in here to have some," Hugo slurred our obviously being tipsy already. "That's when I didn't have any responsibilities Hugo, I'm a mum now and I need to take care of my son," I told him. "I'm sure a shot won't hurt," Hugo shrugged. "It might make you feel better hun," Connie joined in. "Ok, fuck it," I shrugged my shoulders and got the shot glass then filled it. I turned the glass up then put my head back letting the strong liquid go down my throat. "That's disgusting," I made a face when I swallowed it. "That's the best part. It's disgusting and strong and it will get you fucked up quick," Hugo looked very drunk. "Well I'm going to go check on Elijah. Where is he?" I turned to my dad. "He's with Lexi and Henry," my dad smiled at me. I smiled back then at everyone and left. While waking up the stairs I bumped into someone. "Sorry about that, wasn't watching where I was going," I quickly spat out. "Don't worry about it," that unfamiliar voice rang through my ears. I looked up to see a dirty blonde haired guy with icy blue eyes. "Again sorry," I apologised then ran to Henry's room. I didn't bother to knock I just ran straight in. "Luna," Lexi shot up and hugged me. I was leaning against the door. "Hey lex," I put my arms around her. "Are you here to see Elijah?" She pulled back then gave me a smile. "Yeah, I'm still a mum that needs to do her job," I sighed. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Nothing. I just hate the fact that Elijah is only a week old and he doesn't have a dad anymore," I huffed. I walked over to Elijah then picked up my baby. "When was the last time he was fed?" I asked. "He's due on now," Lexi replied. "Ok, I'll go do it then," with that I walked out of the room to the kitchen again. I kept Elijah in my arms while I made him a bottle. When I got back to the kitchen it was empty but I could still hear all the adults in the living room. "Do you want me to hold him while you make the bottle?" There was a voice behind me. I turned around to see that guy standing there. "Uh, thanks that would be great help," I passed over Elijah then carried on putting the formula into the bottle. I added the water then shook the bottle to mix the milk. When I tried it on my wrist, it was cool enough for Elijah to drink it. "Thanks," I flashed a quick smile then took my baby from the guy. I sat down on a chair by the table. That guy just watched me as I fed Elijah, not taking his eyes off me. "Can I help you?" I asked but didn't take my eyes off Elijah. "No," he replied then walked away. I sighed but carried on with what I was doing. When he finished his bottle I placed it on the table, then burped him. Elijah let out a huge burp, I layed him down on my chest and just held him close to me. "Hey kiddo." Someone was behind me. "Hey uncle Remi, how you doing?" I asked. "Alright. It's weird, the house seems quiet," he replied. "That's because Damon would always play with the younger ones or he would be there to make people laugh," that's when the tears came back. "He was a great guy," Remi sat next to me. "Yeah he was. It's going to be so hard with him gone. It's not even like the time when he cheated on me. I knew he was still there, outside my bedroom door wanting me to open it. Now he's gone for good and there's no way of getting him back," I covered my eyes and wept. Remi pulled me in for a hug but was careful around Elijah. "I know it's hard Luna, it'll get easier," he comforted me. "I want him back," I sobbed. "It's happened and he won't be back. Think of it like this, it's not goodbye, it's see you later," Remi rubbed my back. "That's what mum said. It's just hard, Elijah has to grow up without his dad," I replied. "He was only 19 and he got taken away from me, he should have lived a long healthy life and had more kids, it's so hard," I sobbed. "I lost the most important person in my life when you were little. I lost my dad, I know how you feel, but trust me Luna, it'll get easier for you," Remi pulled me back then smiled. "If you think about it, Damon isn't really gone," he whispered. "You have Elijah, Damon is with Elijah," he added. "I just don't like the fact that Elijah won't know his real dad," I told him. "I know, it sucks but over time you and Elijah will be ok. You have everyone in this house that will get you through everything," Remi smiled. "I love that we have everyone but the person we need most isn't here. I'm going to take Elijah and out him to bed, see you later uncle Remi," I stood up then left.

A/N
This book is going to turn into a plot twist. It will focus a lot on Luna but will be other POVs as well. You might have a theory of what might happen, read on to find out.