Chapter 78

Damon's POV

While Luna was sleeping the nurses taught me how to make a bottle. "Ok, at first he will need only two ounces. You put two scoops in the bottle then fill it to the line that says 2, then put the lid on and shake it," she explained. I did what she told me and did it. "Ok before you just go in and feed him, you need to check how hot it is. This is because it might be to hot or to cold so you put a little bit on your wrist," she told me. I put a little of the milk on my wrist and it wasn't to hot but not to cold. "It's in the middle," I replied. "Now your a tough muscley guy Damon, what your need to remember is that your son is only a couple hours old," she reminded me. I tried it again and decided that I should wait a little longer to feed him. When the doctor left I sat down next to Luna then picked up Elijah. "You really took it out if your mum," I whispered. "Yes he did," I heard Luna. She sat up then looked at me holding our baby. "Has everyone been in?" She asked. "No, they wanted to let you sleep but they are in the waiting room," I replied. "Ok, should we go get them," Luna suggested. "Yeah, Elijah needs feeding though," I smiled then have Luna Elijah and the bottle. I went go get rose, Salvatore, Henry and Lexi. Henry and Lexi fell asleep, roses face lit up when she saw me. "Baby?" She asked. "Yeah, Luna went to sleep for a while but you can come and see her and Elijah now if you want," I smiled. "Lexi, Henry wake up," rose shook them both. "Huh, what?" They both jerked awake. "We can go see the baby," Rose told them. "Ok, let's go," Lexi shot up. "Come on you lot," Salvatore grabbed Henry. They all followed me back to the room, when we got there Luna was feeding Elijah.

Luna's POV

While Damon went to get the others from the waiting room, I decided to feed Elijah. He had drank half of his bottle when everyone walked in. "Hey baby girl how you feeling?" My mum walked up to me. "Good. Relieved that he's out but I'm going to miss it," I pouted. "No more babies until your at least 20," my dad laughed. "Trust me I won't," Elijah finished his bottle so I burped him. I sat him on my lap, I put my hand under his chin then rubbed his back. "That looks so uncomfortable," Damon looked at me weird. "It's the way to not make him be sick," I shrugged. "Your learning so fast," my mum started crying. "I learned from the best, besides I did it with Emilio Jaques and Cole," I smiled. After a while Elijah let out a massive burp which made everyone gasp. "Got an appetite like his dad," I laughed. "Who wants to hold him first?" I asked. "Me," my dad walked up to me. My mum went to answer but my dad got there first. "Don't pout rose," my dad chuckled then took Elijah from me. He had one hand to support his head then the other by his back. My dad positioned Elijah so his bum was on his chest and he could see Elijah's face. "Got to admit, you have both made an adorable baby, even if you are both to young," my dad smiled then looked back down at Elijah. "You and mum weren't much older than us when you had me, and I can look after myself so I know I can do this," I told him. "I believe in you Luna, I know you can do this," my dad kept his eyes on Elijah. "You want a turn now?" My dad turned to my mum. She smiled then put her arms out. My dad gave her Elijah then sat down. "He's so cute," was all that came out. Damon and I smiled at each other then looked back at my mum. "When do you guys get to leave?" Lexi asked. "In the morning. They told me that Damon can take us home tomorrow," I replied. "Do you want me and your mum to pick you up or are you happy to let Damon drive?" My dad asked. "We'll be let out early so Damon can drive us. I take it you don't trust Damon to take us home," I assumed. "It's not that, I just thought you might want us to pick you up," my dad hesitated to say. "You don't trust me do you?" Damon turned to my dad. He didn't say anything, my dad just looked at the floor. "We'll be ok Salvatore, I will take care of Luna and Elijah," Damon reassured him. "It's not that I don't trust you it's that it's the other people that drive," my dad sighed. "I get that, I will probably end up going really slow, I don't think I could trust myself to drive," Damon chuckled. "We'll be ok," I smiled. "Alright, before I cry all over the baby, who wants to hold Elijah," my mum had tears falling down her cheeks. "I want a go," Lexi stood up. She took Elijah from my mum then sat down at the foot of the bed. "How did you two make such a cute baby?" Lexi asked but kept her eyes on Elijah. "He gets his looks from his mum," Damon replied. "Yeah definitely," I laughed. After a while everyone got a chance to hold Elijah. Henry was last as he wanted to wait. "Ok. Well let you get some rest. See you tomorrow baby girl, I love you," my mum kissed my cheek. We said our goodbyes then they left. "Sleep, I'll take care of Elijah," Damon told me. "Your driving tomorrow, you sleep, I can sleep in the car or when we get home," I replied. "Ok, I love you," Damon smiled at me. "I love you to," he kissed me then sat on the chair and drifted off to sleep. I stayed awake with Elijah but put him in his cot. That night I stayed up and didn't sleep, I had a bad feeling something was going to happen.