Chapter 72

Luna's POV

Lexi and I waited for around 20 minutes until mark came out. Since he is dads cousin I knew him pretty well. "Luna Di'Angelo," he called out. He had a look of recognition to my name but couldn't place it. "Hello mark," I walked up to him. "Holy shit," was all that came out. He shook his head and looked at me. "Come with me," he motioned for us to move and we followed him into a room. "So Luna, who is the lucky man? Enzo I assume," mark asked. "No, we broke up," I laughed awkwardly. "Your dad always leaving me in the dark about things. Lexi just take a seat either next to Luna or there," mark turned to look at Lexi. She walked over to me and sat down. "So who is the dad? I'm guessing it's not lexi," mark joked. "Yeah mark I grew a dick and got my best friend pregnant," Lexi told him very sarcastically. "I gathered that. So who is it I want to know," mark got the things ready for the scan. "Damon," I told him. "But he's 19," he gasped. "Dad was 20 when he got mum pregnant with me and she was 17," I shrugged. "Alright. I need you to lift up your top. Now this gel is going to be cold af but you'll be alright," mark smiled at me. I lifted up my top and he put the gel on. It was cold but it was bearable. "Ok, let's see," mark said to himself. "There, the foetus is very healthy, looks good so far. You are approximately 3 weeks along so there won't be a heart beat to hear until your next appointment," mark smiled and showed me the screen. There was a tiny little dot on it but obvious enough to know that it was a baby. "How many pictures would you like?" Mark asked. "Uh, four please," I replied. He printed it off and went to get the photos. I wiped off the gel with a paper towel that mark gave me and then stood up. Lexi stood up with me but she had been crying. "Don't cry Lexi," I hugged her. "I can't help it. My bestie is growing up," Lexi sobbed. I rubbed her back but mark walked in and gave us a weird look. "Don't say a thing mark," Lexi pointed at him. "Wasn't going to," he held up his hands in surrender. "Here, four baby pictures," mark handed them to me. "Thank you mark," i hugged him. "Your family, why wouldn't I do this?" He chuckled. "Congratulations to you and Damon. Your next appointment is in 2 months that way you can know the gender and hear the heart beat," mark smiled then let me go. We said our goodbyes, then me and Lexi made our way over to McDonald's. "hey girls. How did it go?" Griffin asked. "Good, I have one more appointment in two months when I can hear the baby's heart beat and find out the gender," I giggled. I passed over the photos and griffin teared up. "Don't you cry as well, I've just got Lexi to stop," I joked around. "Sorry, it's just that I remember when your mum and dad had fallen out and I went to stay with you and your mum for a couple days. I helped you take your first steps in that time," he sobbed. All I could do is hug him as he cried on to my shoulder. "Griffin maybe we should leave, everyone's looking at us," I rubbed his back. "Ok," he gave me back the pictures and we left.

When we got home I showed everyone the photos and all the girls cried like griffin. "Griffin cried like a baby," Lexi laughed. "It's only because I was there when Luna took her first steps," griffin said defensively. Everyone started laughing and it took a while for them to calm down. "Screw you lot," he pouted. "Mum do we have a picture frame anywhere?" I asked. "Yeah," she got up and left the room. A couple minutes later my mum came back in the room and handed me a photo frame. I thanked her and went up to my room. "You alright Luna?" Lexi came in. "Yeah, want to get this done before Damon gets home," I smiled at her. I put one of the scan pictures in the frame and wrote a note.

"That's so cute Luna," Lexi sat next to me

"That's so cute Luna," Lexi sat next to me. "My mum said she wanted to use it to surprise my dad when she was having Cole but she never got round to using it so she gave it to me," I smiled and folded up the note. "I'll be back in a minute," I told Lexi and went into Damon's room. I put the picture and the note on his bedside table and went back into my room. "I'm tired, I'm going to go to sleep," I yawned. "Ok, i might have a sleep to," Lexi relied. "Do you want to stay in here like we used to?" I pouted. "Sure," she responded. We both took our shoes off and got into pyjamas. Lexi ran to Henry's room then came back in and we both layed down in my bed. "Thank you for coming with me, lex," I turned on my side and faced the wall. "What best friend would I be if I didn't?" She giggled. "Thank you," I laughed along with her. Soon enough I fell into a deep sleep that I hadn't done in a long time.

Damon's POV

The day went slow and it dragged. When the bell went I found Henry and we went home. All the gang was in the living room except for Salvatore and nick. "Hi boys," everyone smiled. "Hey," Henry and I replied. "Where's Lexi and Luna?" Henry asked. "They went to sleep," Rose told us. "Ok, I'm gonna head up to my room and sleep for a while," I smiled then walked away. I went up to my room but I decided to go see if Luna was alright. "Luna?" I knocked on the door. Lexi came out rubbing her eyes and looked at me. "She's sleeping, whats up?" Lexi crossed her arms. "Just wanted to see if she's alright," I replied. "Yeah she fine, just tired," Lexi told me. "Ok, will you tell her that I stopped by?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm going into Henry's room," Lexi yawned and went into Henry's room. I went inside luna's and saw her laying on her bed peacefully. She stirred and moved around but didn't wake. I walked over to her and kissed her forehead. "I love you," I whispered and placed my hand on her stomach. Damn, I'm going to be a dad. The thought made me smile. Soon I left so i didn't wake Luna up. I closed the door softly and made my way over to my room. The first thing I saw was a photo frame on my bedside table. I picked it up and stared at it. I sat down when I realised she had a scan and I wasn't there. "Shit," I whispered to myself. I put the picture back down and got the note that was with it.

'Damon, I know we aren't on speaking terms but I thought you might want to know that we are expecting. I'm sorry i didn't tell you sooner but I didn't know how you would react and I caught you cheating. The baby is healthy and I'm fine. Personally I think we are going to have a mini you running around, I wish you could have been by my side today but I couldn't seem to face you. Just remember that I love you and nothing will change that. Our baby will have both it's parents wether you like it or not as you can't get away from me that easily, I love you so much -Luna' I laughed at the last part and fell on my bed. "I love you to," I whispered wanting to tell Luna face to face. How did I get so lucky to get a girl like Luna but fuck it up. I will get her back before this baby comes, no matter what.