Chapter 54

Luna's POV

The door knocked and Emilio went to answer it. "Luna it's for you," Emilio called to me. I walked to the front door to see Enzo stood there. "What do you want?" I got closer. Emilio has walked away but I had a feeling that he was close incase Enzo tried anything. "You are not one of my many conquests, I really like you Luna. It started off as a dare but the more time I spent with you my feelings grew for you," Enzo tried to grab my hand but Emilio stepped out. "Don't touch her," Emilio had a clenched jaw as he spoke. Enzo pulled his hand away and stepped back. "It's ok Emilio you can go back to mum," I smiled at him and he left my side. "I'm really sorry Luna. What can I do to make it up to you?" Enzo asked. "Stay away from me and my family. Don't come near me, Henry or Damon while we're at school. I won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you if you do," I told him. I could feel the tears roll down my cheeks. "Luna please-," Enzo started. "Goodbye Enzo," I shut the door and broke down. Before anyone could see me, I ran to my room and slammed the door. A couple minutes later there was light knock at my door.

Damon's POV

Luna had gone to the front door but Emilio didn't come back. After a while Emilio came back in with a face of anger. "He's at the door," Emilio growled. "Give her time," rose pulled him into a hug. The front door closed and I heard Luna break. Before I could go see if she was ok she ran up to her room and slammed the door. Rose and I looked at each other with worry. Dakota went to follow Luna but I got up. "I'll go Dak, stay here with your mum," I smiled and she nodded at me. When I got to luna's I knocked the door lightly. "Go away I don't want to see anyone," Luna sniffled. "Luna it's Damon. Are you alright mi amor?" I asked. "No, he's a jerk and a stuck up asshole," I could tell she was crying but was angry at the same time. I opened the door a little and poked my head in. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I saw her lying on her bed. She nodded her head and I went in. She sat up on her bed as I sat down on the sofa across from her. "Do you need a hug?" I opened my arms out to her.

Luna's POV

"Do you need a hug?" Damon opened his arms and smiled a little. I got up from my bed and sat next to him. Damon pulled me into his side, my head leaned on his chest as his arms wrapped around me. "What happened?" He asked. "Enzo told me that he wasn't using me and that he actually has feelings for me. I know for a fact that he's lying, I could see it in his eyes that he didn't mean any of it," I started to sob again. Damon's arms tightened around me for comfort. "He's an idiot for doing that to you, no one should be played like that... especially if it's you," Damon placed his chin on top of my head. "I can't believe I fell into his trap. Like everyone was saying, he just fucks them then leaves. How could I have been so dumb to let him do this to me?" I moved so I could get more comfort from Damon. In the end I was straddling him and my face was in the crook of his neck. He didn't say anything for a while until his voice filled the room. "Your not dumb," he rubbed my back. "If anything you are the most strongest, smartest girl I have ever met. It was one mistake that you will learn from," Damon added. "Why are you so nice to me?" I had to know the answer and I faced him. "It's my job. Your mum and dad hired me so I could protect you and Henry while you are at school," he smiled a little. "Be honest. Why did you punch Enzo?" I was getting curious. "I can't have anyone screwing up your little face now can I?" He pinched my cheek. I slapped his hand away and he just laughed at me. "I'm sorry for hitting you earlier," I apologised and put him face back to his neck. He smelled really good, it calmed me a little. "I could tell you needed it. It actually tickled not gonna lie," Damon chuckled. "How come you moved to England?" I wanted to get to know him. "A year ago I ran away from my old gang in Spain and came here. I had enough money to keep me going for a while but I needed a job. Your dad found me in the street and told me that he would give me a job in his gang," he explained. "I guess that's where my mum and dad gave you the job of keeping me and Henry safe," I assumed. "Yeah that's it," he laughed a little. We sat in my room for a couple hours talking and laughing. Damon told me stories about his child hood and I told him about mine. "How did you get dragged into the gang life?" My curiosity took over. "That's a story for another time. I'm off to bed, goodnight Luna," Damon stood you and walked away. "Goodnight Damon," I smiled at myself. He turned around and smirked at me. God, it's got to be illegal for someone to be that hot. What the hell Luna? You just broke up with Enzo snap out of it. It was 12:3pm so I tried to sleep. I kept on tossing and turning, all I could think about is Damon and to feel his skin again. When I checked the time it was 2am. I huffed to myself and decided to go to Damon's room, I walked in to see him topless laying on his back. "Damon," I whispered. "What the fuck Luna, it's 2 in the ducking morning?" Damon groaned. "I can't sleep, can I sleep with you?" I sounded like an idiot but I didn't care. He moved over and patted the bed. I walked over and layed down. Damon moved so he was laying on his side. When I was positioned in the same way Damon was, but had my back to him, he pulled me towards him. My back against his chest with his hand across my waist. "What's wrong mi amor?" Damon whispered in my ear. "I can't sleep," I sighed. "So you came to me instead of someone else?" I could feel him smiling. "Henry is with Lexi, my mum would have a butch fit if her 16 year old bothered her while she sleeps and the others are to young. Besides you were the first one to come to my mind," I tried to hide my smile. "Is there anything you need before I go back to sleep?" Damon pulled me closer to him. "No thanks," I replied and he went back to sleep. Not long after I fell asleep myself, I felt like I had no worries at all. I felt safe in Damon's arms.