Chapter 47

Roses POV

When I got home I found Lexi sat in the living room. "Hey babe you ok?" I asked. "Hey mrs Carter, I'm a bit worried about Luna," Lexi told me. "What's going on?" I began to get a bit worried. "Can we go into the garden to talk please?" She looked a little desperate. "Yeah, sure," I nodded my head and we walked to sit on the swing. "Tell me what's going on," I sat down. "I heard people talking at school about Luna. They were saying that Enzo is just playing with her. They said that it was a dare and that he doesn't like Luna at all," Lexi's voice was laced with worry. "I knew it was too good to be true. This has to stay between us, Luna can't know. She's a strong girl, let her find out for herself," I sighed. "She's going to be so crushed when she finds out," Lexi said. "I know but we'll be here to help her get through it," I pulled Lexi into a hug. "Hey babe, what's going on?" Salvatore walked out to see me hugging Lexi. "Hello Lexi, hows it going," Salvatore acknowledged her. "Sup mr Carter, I'm good, what about you," Lexi replied. "I'm good, a little sore from all the gang work and that," he told her. Lexi was also one of few that knew about the gang we were in. "Old man," Lexi whispered and laughed. "Watch it young lady. You know what I'm capable of," Salvatore warned. "Yes sir," Lexi saluted him. "The fuck, never do that again. Where's the kids?" Salvatore asked me. "I take it Luna is in her room and the others are else where," I replied. "Yeah. Don't go find Luna just yet, Enzo is here," Lexi quickly said. "Well, that's going to be weird when they come down," I commented. "Ain't it just," Lexi agreed. "What happened?" Salvatore got confused. "Don't worry babe, you have enough to do with the gang," I smiled. After that Salvatore nodded and went back inside. "I have to ask, why am I allowed to just walk into this house without knocking?" Lexi turned to me. "I let you do it because your trustworthy and I know for a fact you have more respect for me and my home to not have any parties here without my permission," I smiled. "You know me so well," Lexi leaned in for a hug. We sat outside for a couple hours with all the kids coming to join us except for Luna. "Why are we all out here?" Hunter broke the silence. "Have you not even payed attention. Lexi is here so she's waiting for Luna but because Luna is with Enzo doing god knows what," Emilio told him. "Are you serious right now?" Henry got a little angry. "Have you heard at school?" Lexi looked up at henry. "Yeah, I'm gonna beat him," Henry clenched his fists. "Henry, Luna is not to find out, she will find out on her own. Got it," I stood up. "Yes mum," Henry replied through gritted teeth. "Don't give me that attitude young man. Luna doesn't know," my voice getting louder and more stern. "I don't know what?" Luna walked out with Enzo. "Wow, you have a big family," I heard Enzo gasp. Henry and I were glaring at each other while everyone was watching. "Mummy, I'm hungry," Cole came up to me making me break my gaze with Henry. "Nothing Luna, don't worry about. Mum and Henry are having a little disagreement at the moment," Emilio told her for me. I picked up Cole and walked inside. Everyone else followed me inside and sat around the table. "I'm sorry mum, I just don't like the fact that he will hurt her," Henry walked up to me. "Seriously whats going on?" Luna asked. "Emilio has a new girlfriend and I don't want him to be too rough with her so I'm just looking out for him," Henry smiled at Luna. "Yeah, I'm the strongest kid so henry is being a good big brother and looking out for me," Emilio played along. "Es Este para mantener a tu hermana en la oscuridad?"- is this to keep your sister in the dark? I asked Emilio. "Si mama. Willow es solo una Amiga,"- yes mum. Willow is just a friend, he told me. "Bien. Solo asegurandome,"- alright, just making sure, I rubbed my face with my hands. "Va a lastimar a sue madre?"- is he going to hurt her mum? Emilio asked. "Esperemos lo mejor mi amor,"- let's hope for the best my love, I sighed. "I have to go now, it was nice to see everyone again," Enzo broke the silence that lingered after me and Emilio spoke Spanish. Henry had muttered something under his breath which I couldn't hear him. "Bye babe," Enzo kissed Luna and left. She had a big smile on her face which meant she was happy. I wanted to tell her but I knew it would hurt her, she would be able to find out on her own at school. "How was school darling?" I asked Luna. "It was ok. Why did you and Emilio speak Spanish? You only do it when there's something to hide," Luna furrowed her eyebrows. "Just to make sure that I treated her right. The girls name is willow if you wanted to know," Emilio had my back. "It's nothing to worry about Luna, you know what mums like with the language. She always does it with uncle Remi and nick," Dakota joined in. "Dak are you telling the truth?" Luna turned to face Dakota. "Yes I'm sure, when have I ever lied to you?" Dakota sighed. "What's going on?" Salvatore walked in the kitchen. "Mums hiding shit from me and the others are playing along," Luna whined. "I'm sure there's nothing to worry about hun," Salvatore gave me a look of 'we're talking later.' "Lexi what did you and my mum talk about anyway?" Luna faced Lexi. "I want to join your dads gang so I was asking your mum what I had to do to get in," Lexi shrugged. "WHAT!" Luna and Salvatore shouted at the same time. "You can't be serious?" Luna asked. "What if I am? You can't do anything to stop me," Lexi had a good back story, or I think it was. "This isn't happening, your not being in this gang," Luna said sternly. "Your not my mum and the only one that can tell me no is your dad as he is the leader after all," Lexi snapped. "Is this some sort of joke. Mum you can't let her do this. She'll get killed," Luna started crying. "It's not my choice Luna. If Lexi wants to join then the decision is hers and your dads not mine," I told her. "I heard we're getting a new member of the crew, where is he?" Griffin came into the kitchen. "Not he, she. And yes, Lexi if this is what you want, you are officially apart of the gang," Salvatore sighed. "Oh hello gorgeous," griffin bit his bottom lip when Lexi stood up. "Back off griffin. She's sixteen your 36. Never gonna happen," I told him. "Nick and Connie have an age gap between them," he whined. "Yeah, not as big as 20 years back off," I ordered him. "Yes rose," griffin backed away. "Welcome to the family Lexi," Salvatore shook her hand. "Thanks mr Carter, I won't let you down," Lexi told him.