Chapter 97

Emilio's POV

I felt bad for Damon and what he has to go through. I went to bed not being able to sleep like most nights. When I finally did manage to close my eyes around 2am I heard Damon. Instead of waiting for my dad to run to him I shot up out of my bed and went to Damon. In the living room, Damon was shouting and punching the air. I didn't know what to do so I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him towards my chest. He punched my arm that hurt like hell, but I ignored the pain and held Damon as tight as I could. "Damon time to wake up," I shouted. He didn't wake up immediately and just kept trying to get out of my grip. "Damon wake the fuck up," I yelled. His eyes shot open, Damon's breathing was fast and he had tears in his eyes. I had never seen Damon cry about anything so this must have been worse than I thought. "You good?" I asked then let him go. "Shit. I'm so sorry Emilio," he sighed. "Don't worry. I'm here to help," I reassured him. "Did I hurt you?" He asked. "No," I lied and gave him a smile. "Go back to sleep, I'll wake you up again if you do anything," I stood up then walked away. I bumped into my dad I walked back to my room. "Why aren't you in your room?" My dad stopped me. "Because I heard Damon and I didn't hear you wake up," I replied. "Ok, thanks bud," he sighed then went back into his room. While I sat in my bed scrolling through instagram, Damon started again. "Get off me, stay the fuck away," Damon yelled. I dropped my phone and sprinted to him, my dad not far behind me. Since I got to Damon first, I grabbed his shoulders like before, getting a punch in the same place. My dad helped me pin Damon to the sofa so we could wake him up. "Damon get up," my dad called out to him. Damon woke up, his chest going up and down fast. "Fuck," Damon put his hands on his head when we let go. "Did I hurt any of you?" Damon looked between me and my dad. "No," I lied again. "Are you sure?" He looked really worried. "I promise you that we're both fine," I smiled at him then went back to my room. I heard my dad go into his when I closed my door, at least he didn't say anything to me. My arm hurt so I looked at it. There was a big bruise on my upper arm from the first punch so it would get bigger from the second. Finally I was able to fall asleep but I woke up early the next morning.

When I walked into the living room, Luna, Damon and Elijah was all there. "Uncle Emilio," Elijah shouted then threw himself at me. When I caught him in my arms I winced from the pain and had to put him down before I dropped him. "You alright Emilio?" Luna asked. "Yeah I'm all good," I lied. "That's bullshit," Damon stood up and walked over to me. He lifted up my top and saw the bruise. "You lied to me last night," Damon said through gritted teeth. "Damon I'm fine, just worry about yourself," I told him. "Your fine. I punched you in my fucking sleep so hard that I left a mark," Damon sighed and sat down again. "Let me see," Luna looked at me. I took off my top completely so my upper body was showing. There was a huge bruise on my upper arm, mostly covering it, going up to my shoulder. "Oh my god," Luna had wide eyes. Damon was leaned forward not saying anything obviously frustrated that he did it. "What is that on your arm?" Elijah asked. "Nothing mate," I smiled at him. I put my top back on so no one else saw it. "Why did you lie to me Emilio?" Damon looked at me. He had anger and sadness in his eyes. "Because it's not your fault, I'm fine Damon trust me," I told him. "I'm so sorry Emilio," a tear rolled down his cheek. "Damon it's nothing to worry about. Just don't tell mum and dad," I sat down next to Luna. "Don't tell us what?" My mum and dad walked in. "Nothing," I quickly spat out. "Why are you crying Damon?" My mum asked him. "Noting rose. I'll be in the garden," with that Damon walked out of the living room. "What happened?" My mum stopped me when I tried to leave. She touched my arm which made me wince. My mum and dad both grabbed me and pulled off my top. "Did Damon do this?" My mum looked at me. "I'm fine mum I was only trying to help," I sighed. "I thought he only did it the once but I guess he did it the first time as well," my dad looked at me. "It was you who stopped Damon the first time," my mum gasped. "Yeah. I couldn't sleep so I thought I would let dad stay in bed so I did it," I replied. "So he hit you twice when you helped him," Luna stood up. "Guys I'm fine, it'll take time to heal but I've had worse than this, believe me I'm all good," I took back my top and put it back on. "I'm going to go talk Damon out of feeling guilty," I sighed then walked out into the garden.