Chapter 92

Damon's POV

When Luna left, I needed to get out of the house. I remembered that Luna had a burial for me so I decided to go look at what she did for me. Luna had a stone saying 'Damon Elijah gomez, loving father, boyfriend and friend, born 2002-2020,' people must have walked passed my stone and thought he died at 19 years old, he was so young. I hated the fact that Enzo had put Luna through so much pain. "I came here every day just so I could somehow talk to you," I heard Luna behind me. "I'm sorry I left, I needed to get out of the house," I told her. "Do you have protection at least?" Luna asked me. I lifted up my hand that had the gun in it. "Never leave without it," I sighed. She walked over to me then rubbed my back. "I remembered you telling me about this so I came here to have a look," I broke the silence. "It's ok, at least you are protected I don't mind where you go, just a warning next time would be nice," Luna laughed a little. "Sorry, I will next time," I looked up at her. "Well I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat," Luna smiled at me. I stood up then we walked hand in hand to the car.

Luna's POV

"Where are we going?" Damon looked at me. "It's a surprise," I replied. I parked the car near the sea front. "The beach?" Damon broke the silence when I stopped the car. "I want chips (fries)," i shrugged. "Your so weird," Damon laughed then got out of the car. I followed behind him then we got a cone of chips each. "Who has vinegar with their chips?" Damon played around. "Come on, don't knock til ya tried it," I nudged his arm. "I'm just playing, but seriously. Who does that?" He smiled at me. "Try one," I pushed my cone close to him. Damon took one out then put it in his mouth. "Ok, I'll let you off," he chuckled. "That's what I thought," I smiled. After we ate, we walked along the shore getting our feet wet. We walked hand in hand, messing around like teenagers. "Baby guess what?" Damon paused and stopped. "What's up?" I faced him. "This is our first real date," Damon smiled at me. "Yes this is," I giggled. Damon pulled me closer to him then placed a kiss on my lips. Having his lips on mine and me in his arms once again made me feel safer than I had been in a long time. "We better get back home before the others get a search party out to look for us," Damon grabbed my hand again. "And we need to get back to Elijah," I added. We walked back to the car, Damon driving as he wanted to do it. When we got back home I could hear my dad faintly shouting. Damon and I ran inside the house to see my dad shouting and punching mark. "I needed the money Salvatore, I had to," mark struggled to get out of Bentley and Ronnie's grip. "You could have come to me and rose for help not lie to my daughter and break her heart for four years straight," my dad shouted. "What's going on?" I turned to violet. "Mark came by since Enzo called him and he wants Damon to go back to Enzo," violet explained. "He wants Damon for himself," mark shouted. "Well he can't have Damon if he's actually dead," my dad pulled his gun out and shot Damon in the chest. He fell to the floor holding his chest. Just like that, Damon took one last breath. I screamed at my dad for doing that. "Now you can tell Enzo to leave me and my family alone," my dad snapped at mark. He ran out of the door while I was still crying.

Salvatore's POV

Griffin managed to get tabs on Enzo. He would be sending mark round soon to take Damon with him back to Enzo. We made a plan with Damon to fake his death so that Enzo could get off our backs. I told damon to leave the house when Luna wasn't looking the night mark paid us a visit. That night came, Luna and Damon were out and mark showed up.

"Damon needs to come with me. Enzo wants him back," Mark looked at me dead in the eyes. "Damon isn't leaving this house with you," I replied. On cue, Damon pulled up and then it was show time. I got griffin and Ronnie to hold mark while I beat the shit out of him. Luna didn't know the plan so her reaction would be legit. "I needed money Salvatore, I had to," mark started crying as my fists connected with his face. "You could have come to me and rose for help not lie to my daughter and break her heart for four years straight," I shouted trying not to laugh. "He wants Damon for himself," mark called out. "Well he can't have Damon if he's actually dead," I pulled out my gun and shot Damon in the chest. He fell on the floor then took his last breath. "Now you can tell Enzo to leave me and my family alone," with that mark ran out of the door. Luna was shouting at me while punching my chest. "I just got him back and you killed him again for good, you asshole," Luna looked up at me with sad eyes. The thing is, Damon had a bulletproof vest on, that's why I aimed for his chest no where else.