Chapter 82

Luna's POV

I put Elijah down in his Moses basket while he slept. A week old and he lost his father already. It killed me that Damon wouldn't see his son grow up, he would miss everything, his first steps, first words, first day at school, everything. The thing that annoyed me most was that the priest told me that Damon is always by my side but it didn't feel like it, for some reason I had a feeling that something was off. "Luna, we ordered food if your hungry," my mum was at the door. "Yeah, I'll be there in a minute," I called back. "Ok sweetheart," then she was gone. I put on the baby monitor then left, making sure Elijah was safe. Everyone was in the kitchen waiting for me, I sat down then we all started eating. "This is so good, Salvatore my sexy beast," griffin joked. I giggled then everyone looked at me. "What's so funny?" Emilio asked. "I just remembered what Damon used to whisper to me when griffin would say that," I replied. After that they all looked away. I remembered that when griffin would say that, Damon would lean over to me and whisper in my ear 'your my sexy beast,' then go back to eating and smirking. I missed him so much. Once everyone was finished they left the table, soon enough it was me on my own again. "Luna, I have someone for you to meet," my mum walked in with that guy following. "Oh, hi again I guess," I stood up. "This is Dimitri, he is helping your dad with a lot of business so I can stay with you and help with Elijah," she smiled. "Ok, I'm Luna," I turned to him. "It's nice to meet you," he put his hand out to me. "You to," I took his hand then shook it. "I'll be in with Elijah if you need me," I looked at my mum then walked away. "She's fragile at the moment, give her time," I heard my mum. "I understand, I lost my brother a few years back, we were really close so it hurt when he died," Dimitri replied. I didn't hear anymore, I had to go to Elijah. When I got to my room, Elijah was laying awake in his Moses basket. "Hey baby boy," I smiled at him, then picked him up. His eyes darted around the room to take in his surroundings, from falling asleep in one room to waking up in another must of been overwhelming. "Your alright," I traced my hand over the side of his face, Elijah's eyes fluttered then he fell back to sleep. Once again I layed him down, I went to my bed and lied down myself. I felt tired so I fell asleep not thinking about anything.

When I woke up I looked up to see someone in the rocking chair feeding Elijah. I rolled over to turn on the light. When I looked back it was Dimitri. "Sorry, Elijah was crying so I thought he was hungry and made him a bottle," Dimitri looked at me. "It's ok. What's the time?" I stretched then rubbed my eyes. "It's 9pm," he replied. "Ok, he was due a feed anyway. Do you want me to take over," I climbed out of bed then walked over to Dimitri and Elijah. "I've got it, but you can if you want," Dimitri looked at me then back to Elijah. "If your good with it then I don't mind. I'm going to the bathroom quick," I told him then left. I did my business then brushed my teeth and walked out. Dimitri had Elijah over his shoulder while he rubbed his back in circles. "Your really good with kids," I broke the silence as I made a bowl of cereal. "Uh yeah I guess. I had a lot of siblings, I'm the oldest, the youngest being 2," he replied. "How old are you?" I asked. "I'm 21, there's a five year difference between me and the second oldest, when he was 7 my mum had twins then two years ago the youngest came," he smiled at me. Elijah let out a huge burp, Dimitri cradled him in his arms then started rocking the chair while I sat at the table eating. "What about you, how many siblings?" He questioned me. "There's me 17, Henry 16, hunter and Dakota that are 10, Emilio is 9, Jaques is 7 and the youngest Cole is 6. 7 kids in one house," I told him. "I've met everyone, they seem really nice," he nodded his head. "Until you fuck up then your in deep shit," I laughed. "How did you end up in the gang life then?" I covered my mouth as I had a mouthful of food. "When I was 13 my brother got killed, uh, I wanted to get back at the person who did it but I was to young at the time. One day a man came to my house then took me from my family and made me who I am today, it was only a couple months ago I got back in contact with them," he explained. "I'm sorry," I gulped. "Then your dad found me when he was doing a deal with my gang, there was a shoot out but I didn't do anything. I got a vibe that I could find a better home so I asked your dad to take me as one of his or kill me. I guess he felt bad so now here I am," Dimitri carried on rocking Elijah. "What about your family?" I got curious. "When I got in contact with them, they didn't want me back as I have killed people, my mum didn't want her youngest to follow in my footsteps as I am the oldest, my brother was only 11 when he got stabbed in the streets," he looked down. "What's everyone's names?" Now I was just getting nosy. "My mum is Hannah, the second oldest is Luke, after is supposed to be Leo, but he died, then the twins are Georgia and Danielle, then the youngest is Mitch," he told me. "So you had 6 siblings until Leo died, now you have 5," I assumed. "Yeah that's it," he smiled. After he put Elijah in his Moses basket then walked over to me and sat down. "How did you finally come to terms that Leo wasn't coming back?" I asked. "I kind of didn't at first like everyone, but one day I was able to talk about him without crying and it's stayed that way ever since," he replied. "It did take a couple months to a year at least," he added. After I finished my cereal, Dimitri and I just sat there speaking, I still thought of Damon but it was nice to speak to someone other than my mum. "Do you want anything to eat or drink? It is 11:30pm," I looked at the clock then back at Dimitri. "I'm good thanks. I better be getting to bed," he smiled then stood up. "Can you- can you stay with me tonight?" I asked but sounded like a fool. "Sure," he replied. We walked over to my bed then layed down. Dimitri took off his shoes then slid in next to me. "Is there anything you need me to do?" He seemed a little uncomfortable as he didn't know me that well. "Hold me," I whispered. Dimitri moves closer to me then wrapped his arms around my shoulders, my head on his chest. "Is this ok?" He said but I didn't answer. I was listening to his heartbeat but I couldn't help but feel how familiar it was. "You picked me up when I couldn't move after I saw the coffin go in the ground," I didn't move as I said that. "Yeah, I was supposed to drive while your mum comforted you but she couldn't lift you up so I helped out," he responded. "Dimitri," I sighed. "What's up?" He started making patterns on my shoulder with his thumb. "You barley know me. Why are you so nice to me?" I stated. "I can't judge someone who I don't know. I'm nice to you because I wouldn't like it if this random stranger started living in my house being a total asshole, that's why I get to know someone before I decide to be an asshole or not," Dimitri chuckled. "Will you ever go back to your family?" It was a question I couldn't hold on to. "They don't want me so no, I can now see who wants me around. As for now, the people that live in this house is my family," he sounded disappointed but I knew that he would do anything to see his real family again. "Goodnight Dimitri," I took a deep breath then closed my eyes. "Goodnight Luna," he replied then kissed my head. I didn't mind but it was what Damon used to do and it hurt me. In the end I just fell asleep not wanting to cry anymore that day.