Chapter Sixty Seven

mcgonagall's office

"Have a biscuit, Lily."

Lily took one, biting into it nervously.

"I'm so sorry."

"What happened?", she asked softly, her heartbeat sped up.

"Your father, he's in the hospital. He wants you to come."

Lily felt her heart pounding in her ears, and tears fill her eyes.

"Is he-"

"He is alive, Lily, but he wants you to be there. "

"Would you like to take your friends for moral support? I know a lot of them are listening, leaning against my door.", she said, waving her wand as the students fell down.

"Lils.", James said, pulling her into a hug.

"Do you want me to come?", James asked softly, as she leaned into his chest.

"Yeah.", Lily said quietly, before taking a shuddering breath.

"Marlene, Alice, you two go with her, no one else. We don't want to overwhelm them."

Marlene and Alice nodded, hugging Lily.

fireplace

Remus hugged her tightly, looking down at her.

"Use James' mirror, alright? Talk to me whenever.", he said, kissing the top of her head.

"How did you handle it when your mom- when she-"

"That was back in fourth. My mom, she was the one who loved me. When she died, I felt like I would too. I still miss her sometimes.", he said slowly

"But I know she's in a better place now.", he said.

"And we don't know what happened to your dad. Stay positive."

Lily nodded, stepping out of the hug.

"Look, Red, I'll take the cloak. I'll come if you want me to.", Sirius said bluntly.

"No, I think that's fine. Don't get in too much trouble, Black.", she said, forcing a smile.

"Floo to your house, and then Apparate to the back of the hospital. McKinnon, you can apparate, right?"

Marlene nodded, waving goodbye.

She hugged Peter, who hugged her back tightly as she stepped into the fireplace, saying the name of the hospital clearly.

"I'll take care of her.", James nodded to the remaining girls.

"You better.", Mary said threateningly.

"If any of you do something stupid, I will ground all of you.", James said, to the three boys.

"Bye, Mum!", the three boys snorted, as James jumped into the fireplace, Marlene and Alice following him.

hospital

"You okay?", Alice asked a dizzy Marlene, who nodded.

"Let's go.", Lily sighed, walking inside the building.

"I'm here for Mark Evans.", Marlene said, to the receptionist at the front desk. "Room 302.", she said, smacking her gum.

"Thank you.", Lily said, before walking behind the desk. James, Marlene, and Alice followed behind her, keeping their distance.

Lily knocked on the door, before going in.

"Daddy.", Lily whimpered, looking at him in the hospital bed.