Chapter One Hundred Twelve

later

The four of them sat in the living room, not knowing what to say when Peter woke up. Just then, he walked into the room, rubbing his eyes.

"I just wanted to thank you guys for being there for me.", Peter spoke, his voice croaky from not using it. "Of course, Peter.", Remus reassured.

"I've been thinking, and you're right.", Peter coughed, rubbing his eyes, "Emily always said not to mourn her, but to remember her."

James nodded, pushing his glasses up his nose, "We're here if you ever want to talk to us.", Lily offered. "Yeah, Pete, you can come talk to me whenever.", Sirius said, offering him a half smile.

"Thanks.", Peter said, a pang in his chest.

halloween 1978 - two weeks later

Remus woke up with Sirius in his face, staring at him, wide grin on his face. "Gwnaethoch fy nychryn!", Remus said loudly, in a string of Welsh.

"I love it when you speak Welsh, Moony.", Sirius said, kissing his cheek.

"You scared me, piss off.", Remus yawned, stretching out.

"It's Halloween!", Sirius said happily. "Mhm.", Remus muttered, tickling him with his curls. "Let's go wake up James and Lily, try and scare them.", Sirius grinned mischievously.

Peter walked in, wearing his costume. "I think this makes my eyes pop.", he said. Peter was wearing a Mickey Mouse costume, tugging on his ears.

"I don't understand.", Sirius said, "What are you?". "Purebloods.", Lily grinned, walking into the room.

"What?", Sirius asked, a confused look on his face, "Is he some sort of bear?".

"A bear?- Padfoot.", Remus laughed, his eyes crinkling at the corners. James walked in, carrying his costume in his hand.

"What are you, Peter?", he asked, equally as confused, pushing his glasses back.

"Swot.", Lily laughed, slapping his shoulder. "Ahh! I remember, it's that Meeska.", James grinned, feeling proud of himself.

"No, James, it's that other one.", Sirius snapped his fingers, "Baloo?" From that absurd film with the jungle boy?"

Lily, Remus, and Peter locked eyes, trying not to burst out laughing. "Mickey Mouse.", Lily choked out, her eyes watering as she laughed.

"That is not a mouse.", Sirius insisted, looking at the costume up and down.

"Oh, and Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump does?", Remus asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Touch.", James nodded seriously. "Touch?", Peter laughed, his face red. "Yeah! I heard it in a movie.", James insisted.

"I think you mean touche, love.", Lily laughed. "This doesn't leave this room.", James said, reddening.

"What are your costumes?", Peter asked, looking at the other four. "You'll see.", Lily grinned, her eyes sparkling.

A knock sounded at the door. "I'll get it.", James said, furrowing his brow. He walked to the door, opening it to the tall form of Lyall Lupin.

"Is Remus here?", he asked quietly, looking at James. "I don't think he would want to see you.", James said, clenching his jaw.

"Please.", Lyall said, looking apologetic. "Stay here, I'll ask him. But if he says no, you have to leave.", James said firmly, as Lyall sat down on the couch awkwardly.