Chapter Forty Six

1.3K reads-- thats crazy. thank you so much!!!!

happy reading <3

"Pete, I got the firewhiskey! Shall we play truth or dare?", Sirius asked, his eyes twinkling.

"Sirius, you're not of age.", Lily chastised. "Tomorrow's Halloween!", Sirius protested, pouting. Lily shook her head. "Some Head Boy.", she smirked at James. 

"I'll go first.", James said, spinning the bottle. The bottle pointed at Sirius.

"Truth or Dare?", James asked. "Dare.", Sirius smirked. 

"I dare you to--", James was cut off. "You dare me to kiss Moony? How could you?", Sirius laughed, launching himself on top of Remus, smothering him. 

"Yeah, how could you, James?", Remus said, his face beet red. 

"Every damn time.", James said, smacking his forehead. 

                                                             **a few hours later**

"Pete! Mum and Dad said we can go over to their house for lunch, Lily's parents are coming too.", James shouted, waving a letter in the air.

Sirius whooped loudly, smiling. "Remus, can I tell Mum and Dad?", he asked, jumping down.

Remus nodded. "Yeah. Can we maybe invite my dad? Haven't talked to him in a while.", Remus asked, kicking the ground. 

"Of course! Pete, what about your parents?", James asked. 

"They're too drunk to even write me. It's fine.", Peter mumbled. "Fuck them, I'm your mum now.", James said, ruffling his hair.

"You lot can stay there, and I'll come back here for the night.", Remus muttered, forcing a smile. 

Peter shook his head, "Moony, we're coming with you.". "Pete, I can't let you. It's your birthday.", Remus said softly. "I'll be fine, it's one night. Don't let me ruin your birthday."

"Moons, we're coming, alright? And that's final.", Sirius said sternly.

"You sure, shortstop?", Remus asked, kissing the top of his head. 

"Yes, beanstalk.", Sirius retorted. "On my birthday? Really?", Peter asked, pretending to vomit. 

"Shut it, Pete.", Remus said, flipping him off. 

"Whoa, swearwolf.", James joked. Remus glared at him, his brow furrowed. "More like glarewolf.", Peter giggled.

                                                              **at the Potter house**

"Mum! Dad!", Sirius cheered, hugging them tightly. "I missed my boys.", Euphemia sighed, pulling James into a hug. 

"Mum, this is Lily. My girlfriend.", James said, holding Lily's hand. "Lily? The Lily Evans?", Mr. Potter laughed, "James talks about you all the time.". 

"Dad! I do not!", James flushed. "Yes, you do.", Peter, Remus, and Sirius chorused. "Betrayed by my own friends.", James scoffed. 

Lily was talking to her parents, who were fascinated with all of the objects from the wizarding world. "I talked to your sister, Lily, she's getting married during the Christmas holidays.", her mother beamed. "Oh. Am I invited?", Lily asked. "Of course.", her mum smiled warmly. 

"Happy birthday Peter!", everyone chorused, as Peter cut into the chocolate cake. 

"Sorry I'm late.", a voice in the doorway said.