Chapter One Hundred One

a few minutes later

"My arm.", Regulus choked out, "I- I have to go. If I don't-- Thank you, stay safe.", he disappeared, leaving everyone in silence.

"He- he's going to be okay.", Peter said quietly.,

a few days later

"Mr. Potter? I have your labs.", the doctor said, as Remus clambered out of bed before she walked in.

"How is he?", Euphemia asked softly. "You're going to be okay. There might be a scar, and a little pain. I'm going to prescribe you something.", she said.

"Can I go home?", Sirius asked, looking up at her. "You can. But I need you to take some rest. Don't overexert yourself.", she nodded.

an hour later

Remus pushed Sirius' wheelchair out of the hospital, Peter, James, and Lily following him. "Bye Mum, bye Dad!", he grinned, as they waved at him.

"None of you guys got called for missions for the past three days? That's suspicious.", Sirius snorted. James, Peter, Remus, and Lily looked at each other, pausing.

"What happened?"

"We- we kind of got kicked out.", Peter spoke. "You what?", Sirius gaped.

"They said if we went to find you, we'd get kicked out.", Remus said sheepishly. "That's- You just walked out?", Sirius said, covering his mouth with his hand.

"Maybe?", Lily laughed. "That's badass.", Sirius grinned, as they made their way to the flat. "I thought Moody' eye was going to burst.", Lily giggled.

Just then, their hairclips began flashing. "I thought we were kicked out?", Remus asked, confused. "So did I.", Remus muttered. "Mine's flashing, too.", Sirius said, pulling his out.

"Absolutely not. The doctor said you're supposed to be resting.", Lily said firmly. "I'm fine.", Sirius insisted, but shrunk down as Lily glared at him. "Good. You'll be fine by yourself?", James asked.

"I'm not a little kid, I'll be fine.", Sirius snorted. "There's food in the fridge.", Lily reminded. "We'll be back soon.", Remus promised, kissing his cheek. "Red, where's the nail polish?"

"On the shelf!", Lily called, closing the flat door.

the tunnel

The four of them walked in, staring at the table of aurors, Moody, McGonagall, and Dumbledore.

"We found him.", James said firmly. "You did?", McGonagall asked, "How is he?"

"He was tortured and then shot. With a rifle.", Remus said, staring straight at Moody, who looked back at him, his eye spinning around. "We'd have to let you back in, wouldn't you?", Dumbledore said, his eyes twinkling.

"Who says we want to?", Remus asked, raising his eyebrow. "Remus.", Peter muttered, nudging him. "Are you saying you don't?", Moody growled.

"Would you want us to go? Not to brag, but we're pretty talented.", Lily smirked, grinning at Alex, who covered his laugh with a cough.

"Will you come back?", Moody grumbled, "What's that Moody? Can you say that again?", James grinned, laughing. "I'm not about to beg you, Potter.", Moody muttered.

"Yes, we'll come back.", Remus smirked. "Someone's feeling Moody.", Peter grinned. "Mood swing Moody.", James snorted, nudging his shoulders, as the aurors began laughing behind them, covering their mouths.

the flat

"And then James kept making puns.", Remus laughed, as Sirius let out a snort.

"Lily, the phone's ringing.", James yelled. "Coming!", she said, picking up the phone.

"Is this Lily?", a quiet voice asked. "Tu- Petunia?", Lily gasped. "Lily, I-", she choked out.

"What's wrong?"

"I ha- I had a miscarriage.", Petunia choked out, "I'm in the hospital. Green Meadow. C- can you come? Vernon doesn't know.".

"I'm on my way.", Lily gasped, grabbing her bag. "Don't burn the place down, boys, I have to go!", she called, "It's my sister.", she left, closing the door.

a few minutes later

"Can I paint your nails?", Sirius asked, admiring his own black nails. "Sure, what colours do you have?", Remus smiled, moving over. "You like grey, don't you?"

"Mhm. The color of your eyes.", Remus smiled, the corner of his eyes crinkling as Sirius kissed him. "What happened to nail polish?", Peter muttered, as James let out a laugh.

"Patience, Pettigrew.", Sirius muttered, laughing as Remus kissed him again.

green meadow hospital

"I'm here to see Petunia Ev- Dursley.", Lily corrected. "Are you family?", the receptionist asked, smacking on her gum. "Yeah. I'm her- I'm her sister.".

"Room 402.", she pointed.

Lily walked in to the room, closing the door. "Hey.", she said softly, looking at her sister, who lay on the bed, her eyes closed. "I'm so sorry."

"Come sit.", Petunia whispered, "I was just shopping. Then I went to the bathroom, and then-blood.". Lily stared at her, her eyes big. "That's why- that's why I freaked out to you at the wedding. I found out I was pregnant and- my dress wouldn't zip. It's stupid, I know.".

"It's not stupid, Tuney. I'm so, so sorry.", Lily said, hugging her. "Vernon doesn't know.", Petunia admitted, covering her mouth, "Mum doesn't either. I was just- I was too scared.".

"He doesn't know?"

"You won't- you won't tell him?", she gasped. "I won't. Do- do you want me to stay?", she asked. "You probably have something better to do, don't you?"

"No- no, I don't. Can we just- can we talk? Just- just like we used to.", Lily smiled.

a few minutes later

"You proposed to him?", Petunia gasped. "It wasn't so much as a proposal, Tuney, I was just drunk, and-", she laughed.

"He's not as bad as you think he is. Just give him a chance", Lily offered. "Neither is Vernon. You should give him a chance, too.", Petunia rebutted, showing a rare smile. "Ugh, you're right. Why do you always have to be right?", she groaned, in mock annoyance.

"Because I'm older."

"Okay, let's make a deal. I'll make more of a chance with Vernon if you do the same to James and my friends."

"Deal.", Petunia grinned. "So- do you ever want children?", she asked, quieter. "Tuney, I-", she stuttered, biting her lip. "No, it's okay. I want to hear about it."

"I do, but- the war. I think I've told you before, but there's this wizard, who doesn't like witches and wizards like me, with Mu- regular parents.", she explained, "My friends and I are fighting in it. Two- two people I know have died already.", she choked out.

"But- you'll beat him, right?", Petunia gasped. "I hope so.", she whispered, "Sorry, don't mean to bother you with all this.", she shook her head.

Lily's hairclip began flashing in her pocket, as Petunia stared at it in awe. "Er- I have an idea. You- you want to come to my flat? I have to go- for the war, but I really want to spend more time with you.", she stuttered.

"I- I promised Vernon that I would come back, Lily. I'm sorry. Maybe some other time?", Petunia said, sounding apologetic, "I'll call you.", she promised.

"Thank you.", Lily smiled, hugging her again. "Thank you for coming.", Petunia smiled.