Chapter Nineteen

Guys 263 reads? That's awesome! I wasn't expecting it to be so many! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE! it'd mean so much to me! Anyways, happy reading <3

Jack pulled away from Sirius, shocked. "Fuck. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.", Sirius swore. Jack pulled him in for another kiss, and Sirius smiled. "I'm going back to Texas after a few months.", Jack said sadly. "I'll write.", Sirius winked. 

The next morning, James yawned, and saw that two beds were empty. Sirius and Jack's. The other two boys woke up slowly, getting ready for class. "Where's Padfoot?", Remus asked, yawning. "Him and Jack have been missing all morning.", James smiled. "Jack? Sirius and Jack?", Remus asked, trying to sound nonchalant. "Yeah, Jack. Sounds like someone's jealous.", James smirked. "I am not jealous! I have a girlfriend!", Remus scoffed. James looked at Remus confusedly, and then shook his head. Peter grabbed Sirius and Jack's things. They headed down to the Common Room to find Jack and Sirius asleep on the sofa. Jack was laying down, and Sirius was curled up against him, with a small smile on his face. Jack's hand was wrapped around Sirius. Remus felt that same tug in his stomach, but he shook it off. Again. 

"Hey, It's time for class, Pads.", Remus said, shaking Sirius awake gently. "Oh, hey Moons.", he yawned, waking Jack. Sirius stood up, yawning. Sirius' hair was thrown into a messy bun, and he was wearing Jack's jumper, which was much too big for him. It fell past his knees, and Sirius had his sleeves bunched around his fists.  "What're you staring at, Moons?", Sirius asked, waking Jack. Remus flushed and shook his head. As the five boys headed to class, Remus asked, "Er, are you together now?". Jack blushed, looking at Sirius. "Yeah.", he nodded. Sirius couldn't focus in class, he was holding Jack's hand the whole lesson. 

The five boys headed back to their dorm after a day of classes, working on homework. "I'm going to send a letter to my parents.", Jack sighed. "You want me to come?.", Sirius said. Jack kissed the top of his head. "I do. Thanks.". Jack and Sirius left the dorm. Sirius saw a letter addressed to him, and he opened it. Jack watched as his grey eyes swept over the letter. 

Sirius heard his heart pounding in his ears. The papers fell from his grip. He couldn't breathe. He felt himself choking on air as he sat down, leaning his head against the wall. "Sirius?". he heard a voice say. "Remus.", he mumbled, staring blankly. Sirius put his head down, staring at Jack, but not seeing him. "Shit.", Jack swore, running out of the Owlery. 

Jack ran all the way to the Common Room, where the other boys were doing their homework. "Jack? What's wrong?", James asked, his eyes flashing. "Sirius- he got a letter, something happened-he's asking for Remus.", Jack panted. The four boys ran to the owlery, as quickly as they could. 

flasback. tw: abuse, blood. 

Sirius said his goodbyes to his friends, with promises to write. He walked up to his father nervously. He merely nodded, and they Apparated to 12 Grimmauld Place. Sirius sighed, and stepped into the house. "Sirius.", his mother said, nodding. "Mother.", Sirius said politely. Sirius' face burst into a smile when he saw Regulus. "Reg!", he yelled, hugging his brother tightly. Regulus stiffened in his grip and pushed him away. Sirius looked at Regulus with a hurt look. "Sirius, my study.", his mother said, and he obliged. Regulus and Orion Black followed. "Are you proud of yourself?", she asked, her voice dangerously quiet. "Yes.", Sirius said defiantly. Walburga Black pulled out her wand, ready to hit Sirius with the Cruciatus Curse. "Mother, no!", Regulus yelled. "Reg, get out of here.", Sirius said, through gritted teeth. "What did you say?", Walburga asked. "Crucio!", she yelled, aiming for Regulus. Regulus braced for the curse, but it never hit. He felt himself being pushed out of the study, and he heard screams. Sirius stood up, and locked the door. "Don't hurt him.", Sirius whispered. Regulus beat on the door, yelling. He stopped. He had an idea.