Chapter One Hundred Two

a/n: ahh omg remus' bday was yesterday !! happy late bday remus !!

anyone else eat 'moony toast' for breakfast? if you dont know what that is, go read all the young dudes !!

the tunnel

Lily walked into the tunnel, her hair in a tight ponytail. "What happened?", James asked, followed by the other three boys. The aurors sitting at the table were sniffling, and some were crying. Seven chairs were empty.

"Seven aurors were murdered last night. Maria Torres, Aishani Marnin, Lenin Keven, Jackson Tubman, Charles Percy, and Jimena Park.", Dumbledore said, looking out at everyone. Marlene let out a gasp, covering her mouth.

"W-what happened?", Peter stammered. "They were murdered because these aurors were pureblood witches and wizards who were together with muggle borns or half bloods.", he continued.

Murmurs went up, and Lily looked at James, her heart pounding in her chest. James stared at the empty table, his eyes hardened. "You all may leave. There's no mission. If you are not a pureblood, and you are with a pureblood, please be cautious.".

"Mr. Black and Mr. Lupin, may I speak with you?"

back room

"Since no one knows about you two, you are safe. We managed to Obliviate Walburga Black, and I trust Regulus won't tell.", Dumbledore said.

"Everyone in the Order will be grouped into several safe houses, I'll put you two, James, Lily, Emily, and Peter together."

safe house #1- sirius and remus' room

"You okay?", Remus asked, looking concerned, as Sirius stared out of the window. He shook his head, looking at him. "Yeah, you?", he asked, climbing into one of the two small beds.

"You sure?", Remus asked, limping to the other bed. "Just- just scared.", Sirius admitted.

"Yeah. Me too.", Remus sighed.

safe house #1- james and lily's room

"Evans?", James asked quietly, as Lily let out a choked sob. She lifted her tear stained face, looking at James, and then the ring on her finger.

"I can't-", she said, wiping her eyes. "James, I love you so much. You know that, right?"

"I love you too.", James said, kissing her cheek. This only made Lily cry more, tears rolling down her face. "I don't know what I'd do if something happened to you because of me."

"What are you saying?", he whispered. "It's too dangerous. I couldn't- I can't put you or the other boys in danger.", she said, touching his cheek. "Lily, no.", his voice broke. "Please, James. I love you too much to put your life in danger.", she sobbed.

"Lily-",

"I'm sorry.", she said,feeling numb. James headed to the living room couch, furiously wiping at his eyes, leaving Lily alone.

a few minutes later

"James? What happened? Red's crying and she went to Marlene and Dorcas' safe house, and I heard you crying in here.", Sirius said, walking into the room. Peter and Remus followed, their foreheads creased in worry.

"We're- we're done. Lily and I.", James choked out. "Why- what happened?", Remus gasped.

"She said it was too dangerous. That- that she didn't want to put my- our lives at risk."

"Oh, James.", Peter said, sitting down next to him.

a few minutes later

Lily walked back to her and James' room, opening the door. James wasn't there, he was probably in the living room. She flopped down on the bed, sighing as a tear spilled out of her eyes.