Chapter Thirty Two

Despite the teacher's protests, Remus showed up to every class. No one could stop him, they were just happy to have him back. 

Professor Boltknox was talking about boggarts. He was a tall and lanky man, who wore the most stylish of outfits. "Who wants to go first?", he asked, to the group of Gryffindor and Slytherin students. 

"Repeat after me. Ridikkulus.", he said clearly. "Riddikulus.", the class chanted excitedly. 

"Mr. Black, you first.", Professor Boltknox said.

Regulus Black stepped in the front, gripping his wand nervously. 

Sirius scoffed, acting like he didn't care. But Remus knew better. 

A figure stepped out, showing its' face. Orion Black. "Riddikulus.", Regulus said, his voice shaking. Nothing happened. "Riddikkulus.", he tried again. 

The students snickered behind him.

Sirius knew what he had to do. He stepped in front of Regulus, the boggart changing form. 

The boggart was now himself- an older version, though. This Sirius had a Dark Mark, and wore a Death Eater cloak. He wore all the Black family rings. 

"Riddikulus!", Sirius said confidently. as this version of him transformed into a clown. 

"Nice job, Mr. Black. Both of you.", Professor said, "Ah. Mr. Lupin. Nice to have you back.".

Remus stepped up nervously. The boggart changed into a full moon. "Riddikulus!", he said loudly, smiling as the moon turned into a balloon. 

James stepped forward. The boggart turned into something completely different. Four bodies. Lily, Sirius, Remus, and Peter. James' confidence wavered. "R-Ridikkulus.", he stuttered. "Riddikulus!", he tried, more confidently. The four people became Death Eaters, but in their underwear. 

The class burst into laughter, and James smiled shakily.

"I'm afraid that's all we have time for.", Professor Boltknox said, shutting the Boggart back in. 

The class groaned, leaving the classroom. 

"Mr. Lupin, please stay behind.", he said, touching Remus on the shoulder. Remus nodded, taking his seat again. The professor wordlessly handed Remus a bag of leaves. 

"Sir, I don't do drugs.", Remus said, confusedly. The professor laughed. "Oh, no, Mr. Lupin, this is for full moons.". 

"Oh.", Remus nodded. Then opened his mouth. "How do you know?", Remus gasped. 

"It's easy to sniff out your own kind, Mr. Lupin.", he winked. 

Remus was in the dorm, telling the other boys what had happened. "And he gave me these!", Remus exclaimed. "Drugs?", Sirius asked, raising an eyebrow. "Not drugs, mandrake leaves! Apparently chewing them makes your bones ache less after a transformation.". 

"How does he know?", James asked. 

"He's like me.", Remus smiled. 

------------------------------Later-----------------------

James and Peter were in another class, and Sirius and Remus had a free period. "Have you seen my cardigan?", Remus asked, looking in his bed. "Yeah- Sorry, I wore it the other day.", Sirius apologized. "Oh.", Remus said. "Here.", Sirius said, tossing it to him. "You should sit down and rest, friend.", Sirius said, emphasizing the last word.

"Sirius, are you mad at me?", Remus asked an unusually quiet Sirius. "No, of course not.", Sirius said unconvincingly. 

Remus stared at Sirius, his black hair cascading to his shoulders. His stormy grey eyes, and his thin frame, lying on the bed as if he didn't have a care in the world. His lips looked really soft. Remus wondered what it would feel like to have those lips on his own.

"You're lying to me.", Remus said quietly, moving to sit next to Sirius. 

"I'm not mad, Remus, okay?", Sirius said, looking away from Remus. 

"Why?", Remus asked, confused. Had he let something slip? 

"You called everyone in the room your best friend and I'm just a friend.", Sirius scoffed, "I thought I meant more to you than that.".

"Sirius, you-", Remus tried. "No, Remus, don't. Ever since that full moon you've been ignoring me, and don't tell me you aren't. I was thinking you almost fucking died mad at me. I thought it was my fault, I thought I was being a dick or something.", Sirius said loudly. 

All Remus could think was how hot Sirius was when he swore. 

Remus didn't know what he was doing. He felt himself move towards Sirius, their faces close to each other. Remus heard Sirius' breath catch in his throat. He leaned in, closing his eyes as he pressed his lips to Sirius'.

Sirius was needless to say, shocked. 

He kissed Remus back, closing his eyes. Remus pulled back, his eyes wide. "Fuck. I'm sorry- That was stupid.", he apologized. 

"It wasn't.", Sirius admitted. "Oh?", Remus questioned. 

"Yeah- I've sort of fancied you for a while.", Sirius blushed. 

Remus grinned at this. 

"Shut up and kiss me, you idiot.", Sirius said.

So he did.