Chapter One Hundred Thirty

alley

Regulus and Rodolphus apparated to somewhere near the Black manor, "Don't go back there, Regulus, I'll know if you do."

"I-"

"Don't do it. They- it was a test, from him. He'll kill you, and me too. Go spend some time in that library you're always in.", he said, before disappearing.

"I will.", Regulus said, gritting his teeth.

mungos

The hospital was in ruin and rubble, and flames were scattered.

"JAMES!", Lily yelled, her voice shrieking through the chaos, "SIRIUS! REMUS!"

"MARY!"

"EUPHEMIA! FLEAMONT?"

"I'm right here, I'm alright!", Fleamont coughed, stumbling as he stood up.

"Mr. Potter!", Lily said, rushing towards him as best as she could, her leg stinging.

"Did you see anyone else?", he asked, his voice rough. Lily shook her head, "I can't find my wand either-", she said, her voice shaking.

"Flea?", a weak voice asked, coming from the distance as murmurs arose. "Effie?", Fleamont called, turning around. Euphemia limped towards him, her dress torn and her face full of soot.

"Mr. Potter, Mrs. Potter, I'm taking you back to the Order, I don't want you to get injured, I should get everyone and get them safe.", Lily insisted, despite their protests.

Fleamont did a summoning charm, and Lily's wand zoomed into his hand, and he handed it to her.

"Please. I'll let you know about the boys, promise, just stay in the tunnel.", she said, disapparating with them to the Order and back

"Expecto Patronum.", she whispered, struggling, as the doe appeared. "Go to the order tunnel, I need backup.", she said, and the doe bowed its head, before disappearing.

A hand stuck out of the rubble, and Lily almost let out a shriek, before using her wand to levitate the bricks. Rami lay under the bricks, shaking.

"Rami-", Lily choked out, "You're going to be okay, I'll get you help.". There was a deep cut slashed through her eye, and blood pouring through her white uniform.

"Leave me- there's other people who'll be saved.", Rami choked out. Lily shook her head, using her wand to levitate Rami in the air, steadying herself to apparate.

Rami let out a last, shuddering breath, before laying still. "Rami?", Lily yelled, setting her on the ground, checking for a pulse. But there was no heartbeat.

"I'll come back for you.", she whispered, as the other aurors appeared, answering her call for backup.

"Lily?", a weak voice cried from behind her, through the smoke. "Mary? I'm coming!", Lily called, her voice hoarse as she ran towards the voice.

Mary's leg was buried under bricks, and she laid a protective hand over her belly, tears filling her eyes. "Mary.", Lily breathed, "We'll get you to a Healer, alright, don't lose hope.", she said, levitating the rubble off of her.

"My leg- it's crushed.", Mary said, her voice shaking. Mary stood up, leaning on Lily for support. Lily closed her eyes, concentrating, and they flashed into the Order.

"I have to go- get her to a Healer, please, I have to go.", Lily pleaded, before disappearing.

"REMUS!", she yelled.

"JAMES! SIRIUS!"

A weak groan came from a pile of bricks. Lily ran to it, her heart pounding, as she levitated the rubble. It was a young man, with long brown hair, coughing as the bricks flew off his arm.

Lily helped him up, apparating back to the Order with him in tow.

"We got everyone, there's no more survivors.", an auror said, soot flying off of him.

Lily looked around wildly for the boys, but they were nowhere to be seen. "James, Sirius, and Remus- they're not here.", she said, her breath catching.

McGonagall locked eyes with her, her eyes wide. "Please- I have to go back.", she said, her eyes pooling with tears. Dumbledore nodded, "I'll go with her.", McGonagall insisted,

st mungos

Lily and McGonagall apparated back to Mungos, running through the ruins.

"JAMES!", Lily cried,

"SIRIUS! REMUS!", McGonagall echoed, lifting up the bricks as they floated around.

A choked sob came from a corner, and Lily ran to it, begging that they were okay. "James?", she asked, coughing as the smoke went in her throat.

"Lily?", a weak voice said. James was covered in the bricks, crushing him. Lily waved her wand, clutching James to her as he winced, grunting in pain.

"I thought I lost you.", she whispered, helping him up. "I love you.", James said, his voice trembling. "I love you too.", Lily breathed.

"Your parents are safe, but we don't know where Sirius and Remus are.", she admitted, as his face fell, "But we're going to find them. You're going back to the Order."

"I can help-", James insisted. Lily locked eyes on him, pleading, "Please, you're already hurt, I promise I'll find them.".

"I'm fine, I promise.", James said, as Lily bit her lip. James looked at the ground, as it spun toward him and he stumbled. "James, please.", Lily whispered.

James sighed, "I'll go back. Be safe.", he said, as they apparated, James wobbling on his feet.