Chapter Sixty Three

dorm

Remus woke up, his head pounding. "Is everyone okay?", he asked groggily, looking up at the four boys and Lily around him.

"Yeah, Moony, we're all fine.", Peter reassured. Remus sighed with relief. "NEWTS!", he gasped, standing up quickly.

The room spun around him as Lily led him back to the bed. "We still have two hours.", James said, pushing his glasses up.

"Two hours-- I should have woken up earlier- I need to study.", Remus rambled.

"Rem, you need to rest.", Sirius said lightly. "I'll rest after NEWTS. Promise.", Remus pleaded.

"Fine. Remus, I'll hex you to the bed myself if you don't.", Lily threatened. "Fine.", Remus said, reaching for his textbook.

"Nerd.", Sirius scoffed, leaning over Remus and reading over his shoulder.

"Are you lot ready?", Lily asked, practicing with her wand.

"Kind of.", Peter said nervously, muttering spells to memorize.

"I need a smoke.", Remus muttered. "Didn't you say you wouldn't kiss me if I smoked ten minutes before?", Sirius pouted, digging in his pockets.

"Yeah, but that was you. This is me.", Remus smirked.

Sirius handed Remus a cigarette, and Remus lit it with his wand. Sirius offered the pack to the other three.

"Evans, you too?", Sirius asked, pressing a hand to his chest. "Yes, me too, Black, now hand it over.", Lily grinned.

James stretched his hand out for it, but Sirius closed his hand. "Head Boy, too posh for smoking.", he smirked.

"Evans got it and she's Head Girl!", James protested. "Yes, well, I'm scared of Evans, so there's that.", Sirius laughed as James snatched it out of his hands.

"I'm scary.", he pouted. "Of course you are, Potter.", Lily snorted.

"Lily!", Mary called, opening the dorm room.

"Severus is outside.", she said, biting her lip.

"Severus?", Lily repeated, her face darkening.

"Need me to come, love?", James asked, concernedly. Lily smiled at him, shaking her head. "No, I'll be back soon.", she said, following Mary.

"Did he say anything to you?", Lily asked. Mary nodded, "He just asked me to go get you and wouldn't leave.", she rolled her eyes.

"Ugh.", Lily groaned, throwing open the portrait door to Severus, standing awkwardly. Mary crossed her arms, staring Severus down.

"What do you want?", Lily challenged, crossing her arms. "Lily, please, I'm sorry.", he pleaded.

"I'm not interested.", Lily said coolly. Severus stared at her, shocked. "Do you know what Potter and his friends did to me?", he asked.

"I know what Regulus told you, and I know what you did to Remus.", Lily said, while Mary looked confused.

"What about what he did to me? Potter only saved my arse to impress you.", Severus scoffed.

"No, James saved you because it was the right thing to do.", Lily spat.

"C'mon, Mary, we've heard enough.", Lily said, turning around.

"You really are Potter's bitch, aren't you.", Severus whispered. Lily turned back around, her eyes flashing. Mary pulled out her wand. "What did you call her?", she asked.

what's a soulmate? | wolfstar & jilyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara