Chapter One Hundred Seventeen

tw mentions of eating disorders & vomit 

flat

"Has he been acting differently, or anything like that?", Fleamont asked, concerned.

"You don't think-", Remus asked, his voice catching as he looked to James. "He promised he wouldn't.", Peter whispered.

"We had a mission- we had to go to his old house and save this girl, his cousin actually, and- Walburga, she grabbed him, and she might have said something to him.", James said, pushing his hair back.

Just then, the phone rang.

Lily jumped to the landline, picking up the phone with trembling hands. "Lily? Is that you?"

"Claude?", Lily asked, surprised. She gave the number to Claude a few weeks ago, she made the cake for Sirius' party.

"Sirius- he just collapsed here, they've taken him to the hospital.", Claude said, her voice thick with tears, "I don't know what happened.".

"Where?", Lily choked out. "He's at the Maidenview hospital.", Claude said, "I- I tried to get off, get someone to cover my shift, but Bob, that dumbass, won't let me- he threatened to fire me, and I need this job to help my Mum-"

"It's alright, Claude, I'll let you know how he is. Thanks for letting me know.", Lily set the phone down with trembling hands.

"He's at the hospital. He collapsed."

maidenview hospital

The four of them, Euphemia and Fleamont, walked into the hospital hurriedly, up to the receptionist.

"Can we see Sirius Potter?", Euphemia asked, taking charge. Remus crossed his fingers in the pocket of his jeans, praying that Sirius wouldn't be too bad.

"Room eighteen, third floor.", she said, checking the clipboard.

room eighteen

The six of them walked into the hospital room, where the doctor was writing something down. Sirius was in the hospital bed, a tube in his nose and one in his mouth. An IV was in his arm, with fluids in it.

All glamour charms seemed to have faded, and Sirius was very skinny, his cheekbones very prominent.

"Are you the family?", the doctor asked. Remus nodded, unable to tear his eyes from Sirius on the bed. "I'm Doctor Ram."

"When was the last time he ate something?", the doctor asked quietly.

"He's been eating less than usual.", James started. "Oh my god, is this our fault?", Lily asked pressing a hand to his mouth, "We never-"

"According to the tests, the last time he ate a solid meal was a week ago.", the doctor said.

"A week ago?", Euphemia gasped. "No, that can't be-", Peter started.

"We'll talk to him about this when he wakes up. You should read this, it can be a bit much to process.", the doctor said, handing them a pamphlet.

Eating Disorders & How To Help Your Loved One Through It

"An eating disorder?", James swallowed. "How could we not have known?", Peter whispered.

later

Sirius opened his eyes, the lights bright as he moved his arm to shield his face, wincing.

"Sirius?", Euphemia whispered, not knowing what to say. "Where am I?", he asked, his voice raspy. He looked at his friends, who looked solemn.