Chapter One Hundred Three

the flat

"Peter, her parents will love you.", Lily comforted, putting her hand on his shoulder. "Yeah, Pete, you'll do fine.", James grinned. Sirius smirked at him, "As long as you make those noodles for her parents, they'll love you."

"Shh, Padfoot.", Remus hushed, his eyes glinting. Peter grinned at Sirius, as Remus fixed his hair. "Good luck!", Lily called, as he closed the door

a few minutes later

"James, can you get the flour?", Lily asked, standing on her tiptoes. "Aww, poor short first year not get it?", he asked, reaching over her.

"Just because you're freakishly tall-"

"The only thing freakish about me is my freakish good looks.", James smirked, taking the flour. "Not wrong there.", she grinned, as he leaned down to kiss her.

James took a pinch of flour, throwing it at her. "Potter!", she shrieked, giggling as she threw some at him, sticking to his black sweatshirt. James lifted her as she let out a shriek, as he set her on the counter.

Remus and Sirius walked in, laughing as they threw flour at each other. Sirius winced as he turned around, and Remus looked at him, concerned. "I'm fine.", he said breezily, grinning as he kissed his cheek.

"Red!", Sirius called. Lily looked at him, her eyes sparkling. "We should form a club."

"What club?"

"Only you and me allowed though. It's the club for significant others with freakishly tall boyfriends.", he smirked, putting an arm around her.

"Well, then me and Remus are making a club."

"Copycat.", Lily snorted, sticking out her tongue.

"She's got you there.", Remus snorted. "Remus, can you stop staring at Sirius for like two seconds and then help me defend ourselves?", James asked, mock frustratedly.

"If you stop staring at Lily.", Remus retorted, blushing as Sirius winked at him, grinning.

James ruffled his hair, looking at Lily, who blushed and turned around. "Hey, er, not to bother you or anything, but I'm bleeding.", Sirius said offhandedly, looking at the blood on his shirt.

"I- Get over here.", Lily said, as he lifted up his shirt. "See my abs, Moons?", he cracked, as Lily bandaged his stomach. Remus turned pink, then shook his head, grinning at him.

an hour later

Peter walked through the door of the flat, grinning. "Pete! How'd it go?", James yelled, as he walked in.

"I think they liked me.", Peter smiled, his cheeks turning pink. "I told you!", Lily and Remus chorused. "And Sirius, I did make those noodles."

"I'm always right. Did you bring back any?", Sirius asked, putting an arm around Peter.

"Of course I did.", Peter laughed, pulling out a box of noodles.

"Oh, I could kiss you!", Sirius said, practically drooling. "Then I'll kiss James.", Remus laughed. "Then I'll kiss Peter.", Lily snorted.

"OH! Merlin's pants, the cake!", Lily yelled, as she ran to the oven, using her wand to get the cake out.

"Cake?- What's the cake for?", Peter blinked. "You, dumbass.", Sirius smirked.

"Why?", he asked. "Because you impressed her parents, obviously.", Lily smiled, as they cut the cake.

two days later- morning of the full moon

"We made you breakfast in bed, Moony.", James said softly, as Sirius brought in the tray of chocolate chip pancakes. "I smell chocolate.", Remus muttered softly, his eyes closed.

"Made specially for you.", Peter smiled, as Lily walked in. "How do you feel?", she asked softly.

"Tired.", Remus said softly, as Sirius climbed in next to him, setting the tray down. "You hungry?", James asked.

Remus nodded, "Thank you guys. It's really good.", he said, taking a bite as he offered them a tired smile. "Can we do anything for you?", Lily smiled at him.

"No, It's alright. I'll probably- I'll probably just go to sleep.", he said, his shoulders shivering. "I can't- Can you stay?", he asked softly, and then shook his head.

"I- no, it's okay. I'll be fine.", he muttered, his face pale. "Yeah, we'll stay.", Lily smiled, sitting down on the bed, Peter and James sitting down as well.

"I think it's getting worse. The moons.", Remus admitted quietly. Sirius looked at him, kissing the top of his forehead. "You're burning up.", he said, concerned. Remus had snuggled up to the warmth of Sirius, closing his eyes.

a few minutes later

"It must be worse than he's telling us.", Peter whispered, as Remus slept, occasionally letting out a cough.

"Yeah. You know Remus, he doesn't admit it when he's in pain.", Sirius nodded. "Remind you of someone?", James added, as Sirius shoved him.

"Is there anything we can do?", James asked quietly. "Yeah. I wish I could help.", Lily said, biting her lower lip.

"Padfoot?", Remus croaked. "Hey, Moons. Need anything?", Sirius asked gently. "It hurts", he said, his voice trembling, "It hurts so much.".

Sirius pulled him into a hug, rubbing circles into his back. "Does that help?", he asked quietly, as Remus sniffled into his shoulder. "I can't-", he choked out.

"Where does it hurt?", James asked softly. "Everywhere.", Remus sobbed, his body shaking with sobs. "I just- It's too hard, I can't.", he said, his voice cracking.

"Hey, you want some chocolate? I- I have your favorite.", Peter stuttered, offering a half smile.

Remus shook his head, his shoulders shaking. Lily and James looked at each other, sitting down next to him.

"Hey, wanna hear a joke?", James asked, trying to change the topic, "Why did the mushroom go to the party? Because he was a fungi".

Remus was quiet, before whispering, "That is the worst joke I've ever heard.".

"Oh, shut up.", James said, his smile wobbling. "I-I'm really cold.", Remus admitted, his teeth chattering, "Sorry-"

"Shh, no, it's okay. I'll get you some blankets.", Sirius said, piling up some blankets and spreading them out. Lily waved her wand, performing a heat charm.

"At your service.", Peter said, bowing to Remus, who half smiled at him, ducking under the blankets.

a few hours later - shack

"If I- If something happens.", Remus said, resting his head against Sirius' shoulder. "Shh, we don't need your spiel today.", James laughed, as Remus stuck out his tongue at him.

"Stay back.", Remus swallowed, scooting away from Sirius. "Just- be careful.".

"We will.", Peter nodded, as the moon shone into the shed, Remus' amber eyes glinting as they flashed into a cold, icy blue. He looked at them, no longer himself as fur sprouted over his body, yelling out as his bones cracked, snarling as he turned into the wolf.

The three boys flashed into their animal forms, staring at the wolf.