Chapter One

Platform 9 and 3/4 was abuzz with students excited to go back to Hogwarts. 

James Potter hugged his tearful mum and dad, and began looking for his friends.  "Moony!", he shouted, waving excitedly.

 Remus Lupin, a tall boy wore a sweater even though it was very hot outside. 

His face lit up as he saw James waving at him. James ran up to him and hugged him. 

"Have you heard from Sirius?", Remus asked James hopefully. James' face fell, for he was hoping Remus had. "Maybe Peter has?", Remus said, waving to Peter. Peter hadn't heard from Sirius either. 

"He insisted on going back home to talk to Regulus.", James said, "I haven't heard from him since.".

The train whistled. It was 10:55. "Should we go and get our seats and wait for him?", Peter asked nervously. 

"We'll wait a few more minutes, Pete.", Remus said. "Are you lot excited for our soulmates this year? Mine is gonna be Lily Evans for sure.", James boasted, looking at a certain red headed girl standing with her friends.

 "Not really.", Remus said, "It's too much of a hassle for someone to deal with my, erm, condition.". "Furry little problem.", James reminded. "Is that Sirius?", Peter asked, pointing in the distance. 

"Padfoot!" James yelled, running up to him and hugging him tightly. Remus and Peter followed. "What happened? We've been worried about you! We haven't heard from you all summer!", James said.

 "I'm fine, mum.", Sirius rolled his eyes and laughed. He winced in pain as he laughed but shrugged it off. "Sirius?", Peter questioned.

 Sirius was much skinnier than the last time they had seen him. "Where were you?". "Oh, I went to talk to Regulus and dear old mother caught me. I didn't get to eat for a while, but Regulus snuck me some scraps. I'm fine.",  he hurried, when he saw the worried looks.

 "Did she... hurt you?", Remus asked. "Not really.", Sirius said, not meeting his eyes. "Oi, the trains going to leave if we just stay here and chat. Let's go!", he said. The four boys followed him into the train for their final year at Hogwarts.