Chapter Eighty Four

flat

"Padfoot, I'm fine.", Remus said, as Sirius lead him to the bed gently.

"You're burning up, Moons. Lie down for a little bit."

"My wrists--", Remus stuttered, his breathing ragged. "I'll bandage them.", Sirius said softly, replacing the bandages.

He laid down next to Remus, rubbing circles into his back. "I love you, Sirius.". "I love you.", Sirius whispered back, pressing a kiss to his temple.,

petunia's wedding

James and Lily walked into the church, smiles on their faces. Mrs. Evans was the first to reach them, hugging the two of them, and kissing Lily's cheek.

"Where's Petunia?", Lily asked. "She's in the bridal room. James, honey, why don't you save a seat for Lily, she'll be right back."

Lily walked to the bridal room, knocking on the door nervously, her present in hand. "Come in.", a clear voice sounded, and Lily did just that.

She set the present down on the gift table, smiling at her.

"Petunia, you look beautiful.", she gasped. Petunia looked at Lily, a soft smile on her face. "Thanks. You do, too.", she said, fixing her hair.

"I can't believe you're getting married. Seems like just yesterday we were little kids.", Lily smiled fondly. "Yeah. I just wish Daddy was here to see it.", Petunia said.

"Yeah, me too.", Lily asked, changing the topic.

"I have to get ready, Lily. I'll see you out there.", she said.

wedding hall

"Hey, you okay?", James asked, as Lily walked to the front row, sitting down next to him.

"I'm fine. Sorry, didn't expect it to take so long.".

James put an arm around Lily, pulling her close, as Vernon stood at the altar, his suit on. He looked nervous, sweating.

"Next it'll be us. Then Alice and Frank, Moony and Padfoot, Marls and Dorcas.", James smiled at her, kissing her pink lips.

They watched as the flower girl walked through the aisle, a cute five year old, giggling as she tossed rose petals down.

The bridal music began, Vernon watching the entrance expectantly. Murmurs arose as the bride didn't appear, as Mrs. Evans and Lily shared a look.

"She should be here. I'm going to go get her.", Lily said, standing up, everyone gasping as she ran through the aisle, back to the bridal room.

"Tuney? Tuney, are you okay?"

"I'm coming. Can't you just go back to your stupid perfect life with magic and just leave me alone?", she yelled. Lily blanched.

"If that's what you want."

"I want that. After this wedding, I don't want to talk to you ever again-- you or your perfect friends, and your perfect boyfriend."

"I'm going."

Lily ran back to her seat, struggling to hold back tears as she sat next to James. "Hey, Evans, what's wrong?", he asked softly.

"I'm fine. I'll tell you later.", she said softly, as the music began, Petunia walking down the aisle, looking as perfect as ever.

Petunia and Vernon recited their vows, kissing at the end. Everyone dispersed to eat their dinner, sitting at the assigned tables.