Chapter One Hundred Four

next morning- flat

"I didn't- I didn't hurt any of you, did I?", Remus asked weakly, as Lily handed him a mug of steaming hot tea.

"You didn't.", James smiled, sitting down, and Peter following him. "Promise?"

"Promise.", Sirius smiled, putting his arm around Remus. "How are you feeling?", he asked softly, as Remus pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Just a little tired."

"Sleep with me?", Remus asked softly, tilting his head to the door. James and Peter let out a laugh, nudging each other, as Lily snorted at them.

"Not like that, get your minds out of the gutter.", Sirius blushed, as Remus nodded, smirking.

"Unless.", he smirked, wiggling his eyebrows at him, Remus smacking his shoulder. "Ay! Remus, that's animal abuse!", James yelled, as Sirius blurred into Padfoot, jumping on James and licking his face.

"Eurgh, Padfoot!", James laughed, as he licked Peter, and then Lily, before resting his head on Remus' lap, his ears drooping.

"Not the puppy dog eyes.", Remus groaned, rubbing in between his ears. "I think I'm going to go to bed. Wake us up if the Order needs us.", he said, as Padfoot blurred into Sirius, helping Remus over to their room.

"I'm tired.", Remus muttered, as Sirius crawled into bed with him. "I know. Sleep on me?", Sirius asked quietly, as Remus snuggled into his chest.

a few minutes later

Remus peered in the mirror, frowning at his hair. "What's wrong, Remus?", Lily asked, folding her arms. Sirius looked at him, concerned.

"I have grey hairs.", he said softly, looking at the small cluster of grey hidden beneath his curly brown hair. "Remus.", Sirius sighed.

"I'm seventeen and I have grey hairs. Seventeen.", he stated, touching his hair, biting his lip. "I think it looks handsome.", Lily said softly, as Sirius nodded.

"You're so pretty, Remus.", Sirius said, standing up on his tiptoes to kiss his cheek. "You're the pretty one.", he sighed, staring at the mirror.

"Shut up, Rem. You're gorgeous.", he paused, "And I'll fight anyone who says otherwise. Including you.".

"Are you threatening me?", Remus asked. "Yes.", Sirius grinned. The smile fell off his face as he pulled the hairclip out of his pocket, the light flashing. Remus pulled his out, his was dim.

James and Peter walked in, theirs flashing. "Mine is too.", Sirius nodded, biting his lower lip. "Mine isn't.", Lily said, looking at Remus. She kissed James, and then hugged Peter and Sirius, as Remus did the same, kissing Sirius.

"Be safe.", Lily said, as they walked out of the flat. Remus and Lily sat on the sofa together, as she leaned into his chest, her hair spread out. "The girls wanted to go out for coffee, you up for it?", she asked softly, "I think Alex and Frank are coming, too.".

"Yeah. The cafe on the corner?", he asked, putting an arm around her. "Mhm, the one with the good chocolate chip muffins James loves.", Lily smiled.

"You're worried, aren't you?", Lily asked, as Remus fiddled with the star pendant on his neck, the one Sirius gave him. "I'm scared for them.", he admitted, "I keep thinking about Stanley and Kingsley."

"Me too.", Lily whispered.

cafe

"Lily, Remus, over here!", Alice smiled, waving them over to the table. Marlene, Mary, Dorcas, and Alex grinned at them, as they walked to the table.