Chapter Eight

Sirius woke up in a sweat, his sheets tangled. His head was throbbing, and he couldn't remember anything after kissing Marlene and celebrating in the common room with Firewhiskey. 

He looked at his wrist and saw the two names, still as bold as ever. "Bloody of course I have Remus.", he slurred drunkenly. 

"I'll get it off somehow. I like Marlene, not Remus.", he said, not thinking clearly. He stumbled into the bathroom, looking at his reflection in the mirror.  His eyes were very droopy and tired, and he had lipstick marks all over his face, and his hair was mussed up. 

He pulled out his wand, "Scourgify.", he cast, pointing his wand at Remus' name, hoping it would vanish. "Ouch!", he said, feeling little pinpricks of pain all over his body. He looked in the mirror in shock. 

This must be a side affect to attempting to remove a name. Remus' name was all over Sirius, his face, his body, and his hands. "Shit.", he slurred, laughing.

He headed out of the bathroom, wanting to forget this had ever happened. He knew who he needed to ask for help. He walked to the Common Room, hoping to change into Padfoot and go to the girl's dorm. 

"Lily?", he called, seeing a familiar red headed girl. "Sirius?", she asked, her hair messed up, and a sheepish James next to her, with lipstick all over him. 

"PRONGS!! You DOG!", he smirked, forgetting about his current situation. 

"You're one to talk.", James smirked. His brow furrowed, "Sirius, what's that-". 

Sirius ducked under the sofa, his cheeks turning red. "I wanted to talk to Lily about that.". 

"You can tell me, Padfoot.", James said, trying to peek under the sofa. 

"I- I can't.", Sirius stuttered . "Go, Potter, I'll talk to you later.", Lily said, straightening his tie. 

"Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow?", James asked, confused.

 "Yeah.", said Sirius, not coming out from under the sofa. "What's going on Sirius? Come up here and sit down. I'll make you some tea.", Lily said, patting the seat next to her. 

"Thanks.", Sirius said, facing away from her. "Here you go.", Lily said, handing Sirius a cup of hot tea. She looked at Sirius' face."Sirius- did you try and remove your soulmate name?", she asked knowingly. 

"H-how did you know?", Sirius asked, sipping the tea. "Didn't you lot read the information pack- oh yeah, you didn't because the four of you used it as confetti and threw it in the Great Hall.", Lily said, her eyes twinkling. 

Sirius smiled weakly, "Oops.". 

"I thought you liked Marlene? Why does it matter about Remus' name?", Lily asked.

 "I- I do like Marlene, but, not like that. I like-", he stopped, tears threatening to spill over. 

"Actually, never mind, it's no big deal. I didn't mean to bother you, Evans, goodnight.", Sirius said, setting his teacup down, and wiping his eyes roughly.

"Sirius, sit down.", Lily said, and he obliged. Sirius turned into Padfoot and curled up in her lap. 

She scratched behind hid ears and pet him softly. "You like Remus.", Lily realized. Padfoot whined. "Sirius." Lily said, and the dog looked at her defiantly, before turning back into himself. 

"Come here.", Lily said, wrapping her hands around him. "I'm sorry.", Sirius said, stiffening. "Sirius Black, you better not be apologizing to me right now.", Lily said angrily, We're going to fix this, who's Remus' soulmate?", she asked.

 "Chloe Edwards. And me.", Sirius stated. "You both have each other!", Lily exclaimed. 

"Yeah, but it doesn't matter.", Sirius said softly. 

James came down, looking confused. 

"Have either of you seen Remus?", he asked. "Wasn't he in the room?", Sirius asked. 

They heard the common room door open and a flustered Remus walked in the room. 

His hair was messed up, and he had a sappy look on his face.

"Er, Chloe asked me to be her boyfriend."