Chapter One Hundred Thirty Two

later that night - sirius & remus' room

A record was playing, filling the silence of the room as Sirius hummed along, "Ooh, loverboy.", he sang quietly.

"What are you doing?", Remus asked sleepily. Sirius was crouched over a piece of paper, his tongue sticking out in concentration as his quill flew across the page.

"Stay still, will you?", Sirius joked, keeping his eyes on the drawing.

Remus fidgeted, locking eyes with Sirius, grinning as he reddened. "Stop flirting with me- I can't concentrate," Sirius laughed, his hair falling in front of his eyes.

He made two last strokes with his quill, before inspecting the picture. "It's not that good-", he said quietly, reddening again.

"Oh, shut up, I'll love it no matter what.", Remus smiled, taking the paper.

The drawing was an almost exact likeness of Remus, from his curly brown locks to his neck. His hair curled at the tips, the flecks of gold highlighting the brown hair. He was looking into the drawing, which seemed to be staring at him.

His face was realistic, scars, and freckles, and everything. His hazel eyes and the flecks of green, and last, his pink lips, now split by a white scar.

"Sirius- it's wonderful.", Remus said, peeling his eyes off of the drawing. Sirius looked at him, fiddling with his hands, "You think so?"

"You even made the- the scars look handsome, even.", Remus snorted. "They are handsome, Remus.", Sirius said gently, leaning forward. Remus didn't say anything, looking down.

Sirius reached out, using his finger to trace an old, faded scar on his cheek, before kissing it gently. "I love every part of you, Remus Lupin."

"And I always will.", he continued.

"I love every part of you, too, and I always will.", Remus said softly, kissing him back.

mary's room

Mary refused the offers of Lily and James to stay in their rooms, insisting that they needed their own privacy. She missed Alex. She missed her sister, she missed her parents.

"You'll talk to him tomorrow, he'll be fine, he'll be fine.", she whispered to herself.

james & lily's room

"What are you doing?", Lily laughed, as James stared at her, concentration etched on his face.

"I'm counting your freckles."

Lily blushed, "I have too many."

"Three ninety seven, three ninety eight.", James counted, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Potter.", Lily snorted, shaking her head. "Shh, I'm going to lose count."

"Done!", James grinned triumphantly, "You have 410 freckles."

"I do not."

"Count them yourself then, Evans."

"I'd rather snog you.", Lily smirked.

"Request granted."

next morning - peter's birthday

The phone rang at exactly eleven in the morning, the echo ringing through the house. James grabbed the phone, waiting for Peter's voice to come through.

"Hello?", Peter's voice said, amplifying though the room as Mary waved her wand at it.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETER!", they chorused, big smiles on their faces. "Thanks, guys!", Peter said, smiling through the phone. "Any updates?", Lily asked, biting her lip.