Chapter One Hundred Thirty Six

later

"I'm sorry, Prongs, I didn't mean what I said.", Sirius said softly, looking up at him.

"I shouldn't have said that, you're not like them.", James said firmly, wrapping his arms around him, "And I didn't make the bracelet in five minutes, and I am proud of you."

Sirius reddened, "The mug wasn't on sale either."

The two of them turned to Remus and Lily. "We should've told you, Remus, but I promise it doesn't hurt that bad.", Sirius said softly.

Remus nodded, "It's okay, I shouldn't have run off."

"You boys are like bloody toddlers.", Lily grumbled, but she was smiling.

the next day

"Er- Sirius, we have to go on our missions. All three of us. D'you think you'd be okay on your own?", Remus asked, kissing the top of his head.

"Yeah.", Sirius said, forcing a smile at them.

"Are you sure? I'll ask someone to go instead of me.", James pushed.

"I said I'm fine.", Sirius snapped.

"Okay. Stay safe, alright?", James sighed, deciding not to engage in the argument.

"Mhm.", Sirius said shortly, "You too."

The three of them left the flat, leaving Sirius alone. He sighed loudly, stretching back, a pang in his chest as he thought of Regulus.

"Where did I put the Firewhiskey?", he muttered, opening the fridge, taking a big swig out of it.

a few hours later

There was knocking on the flat, and Sirius stumbled to the door, the bottle of Firewhiskey in his hands.

"MARLENEEE!!", he slurred, as Marlene stared at him, sighing and closing the door to the flat. "How much did you drink?", she asked gently, tying her blond hair up.

"What are numbers? I can drink how much ever I want, MARLYYY I'm of age now.", Sirius grinned, the smell of Firewhiskey on his breath.

"That doesn't mean you can drink everything.", Marlene said, prying the bottle away from him. "MARLENEEE you're my drinking buddy rememberrrrr? Let's do some shotsss."

"You need to get some sleep."

"PLEASEEEE MARLEEEENE."

"Sirius, you're so drunk.", Marlene said as he waggled his tongue at her. "Regulus is my brotherrrr but he is deadd so I can drinkkkk."

"I know, I'm sorry sweetie.", Marlene frowned.

"'S okay. Couldn't protect him from this like I usually did.", Sirius said, taking the bottle back, and taking another swig from the bottle.

"C'mere, give me that. We'll get some water in you.", Marlene said, snatching the bottle back.

"Don't need it, Marlyyyy don't you remember our drinking competitions?", Sirius smirked, slurring his words.

"We'll have one later, alright?", Marlene said, helping Sirius to the couch.

"I'm scared.", Sirius said softly, after a silence, "I'm scared everyone will leave me.".

"We won't leave you.", Marlene said, sitting next to him.

"Marly?"

"Yeah, Sirius?"

"Would you miss me- if I was gone?", he asked, slurring the top of his words together.

"Hey- don't talk like that. Of course I would miss you.", she said softly, kissing the top of his head.