Chapter One Hundred Seven

a/n: thank you so much for 11.4k reads!!

the order tunnel

The aurors sat at the table, as Moody, Dumbledore, and McGonagall walked in. Moody walked to the table, sitting down.

"Where are the Prewetts?", Moody grumbled, "Those two are my favorites, you know?", he said, his face breaking into a rare smile. "Don't tell them I said that.", he said.

"Moody, sir, they didn't return from their mission.", Kenna Livingston, an auror said.

"Has anyone gone yet?", Moody asked calmly. The aurors shook their heads, Kenna biting her lip. "They're some of the best aurors in this program. I'll go, just to make sure they're safe.", Moody said, taking his wand.

"You want backup?", Stanley asked. Moody shook his head, already walking into the fireplace.

camden

Moody through the street, the tip of his wand lit up. "Prewetts?", he called, his voice echoing through the alleyway. He came across an exploded wall, looking at it closely with his magical eye.

"Dolohov.", he whispered, walking forward. "Prewetts?", he asked, louder. He looked at the pile of bodies, his heart beating faster and faster.

"Fabian? Gideon?", he yelled, running to the people on the ground. He fell to the ground, picking up his wand. "Rennervate.", he said, pointing it at them, back and forth, his breathing quickened.

"NO!", Moody said, checking for a pulse with his rough hands, "If you're pranking me...", he trailed off, waiting for the real Fabian and Gideon to pop up from behind the wall, laughing.

But they didn't.

A rare tear slid down Moody's face, as he wiped it away gruffly.

the flat

"Let's go out tonight.", James proposed, "A triple date?".

"Mhm, Em's on a mission for this week. I'll come next time?", Peter suggested. "Nonsense, Pete, just come with us now, and we'll go again later.", Sirius said, waving his hand.

"There's this really amazing wizarding library they just opened, the Canna Bibliothecam. There's bookshelves, and there's a river down the middle, with gondolas.", Remus smiled, his eyes sparkling.

"A library?", Lily asked, grinning. James and Sirius looked at each other, understanding in their eyes.

"Oh- we don't have to go if you lot don't want to.", Remus reddened. "Course we'll go.", James smiled.

"There's Floo fireplaces there, if we need to go on a mission, we'll just go from there.", Remus said.

"Can we race gondolas?", Sirius asked, tying his hair up. "Absolutely.", James shot back, as Peter laughed.

"Bloody idiots.", Lily grinned.

canna bibliothecam

The five of them walked to the library, marvelling at the glamorous building. Remus was practically drooling at the mouth. The building had big glass windows, and you could see the tall bookshelves, and people in the gondolas, laughing.

"I ate your chocolate, Moony.", Peter grinned.

"Mhm, that's great, James.", Remus said, ignoring him.

"I'm Peter."

"Let's go!", Lily smiled, as they ran up the stairs. There were two security wizards, waving their wand over people that entered the library. The five of them were the last ones in line.