Chapter One Hundred Six

the flat

"Moons.", Sirius mumbled, "Are you cold?". "Mhm, just a little bit.", Remus responded, putting his face into his shoulder. "Breakfast?", Sirius asked, kissing the top of his head.

"Wait.", Remus said nervously. Sirius looked at him, his eyes bright, his long hair messy.

"Were you seri- sincere", Remus corrected himself, as Sirius shot him a grin, "about kids- I mean, me and you?".

"Why, are you pregnant?", Sirius cracked, but then grew serious, looking at Remus. "I was sincere. I want to- I want to have kids. After all this is over.", he said.

Remus wrapped his arms around him, kissing his cheek. Sirius grinned, reddening.

a few minutes later - the flat, breakfast

"I see two people who seem very happy today.", Lily smirked, pouring the tea into the mugs.

Sirius and Remus smiled at each other, not saying anything, as they ate their breakfast.

"You okay, Moony?", James asked, as Remus rested his head on his cheek, his face pale. "Just tired. My knee's bothering me a bit.", Remus admitted, wincing, "It's fine, though."

camden

The streetlights flickered on the empty street, the rain splashing down. Fabian lit his wand, furrowing his brow. "Gideon.", he whispered, "I think they got here first.".

"What?", Gideon asked, the tip of his wand glowing, as he turned around to where Fabian was pointing. A man hung from the pole, a rope attached to his neck.

"Oh my-", Gideon choked out. "Dolohov did that.", Fabian said, turning around. Gideon let out a little gasp as he turned towards the alley. "Fab.", he whispered.

The metallic smell of blood overtook the air, and the pile of bodies lay in front of them, all mangled and mutilated.

"Amycus?", Fabian asked, as they stared at the pile, using their wands to look for any heartbeats. "He couldn't have done this on his own. Rookwood would've helped.", Gideon said.

A voice came from behind the alley. "Mulciber.", Gideon whispered, and then another voice followed. "Wilkes.", Fabian nodded.

"Five against two? Should we call for backup?", Gideon asked, his wand out. "I think we can handle this. We'll call if it's too much for us.", Fabian said.

"Did you leave any survivors?", Wilkes growled. "I didn't.", Mulciber said. Fabian scowled, gripping his wand. "Wait.", Gideon whispered, "Let them come to us."

"You checked the street for any of those goody two shoes?", Dolohov snarled. "No, I checked myself.", Amycus said.

"I'll check again.", Rookwood said, pulling out his wand. "Get ready.", Fabian whispered. Rookwood grinned, shooting a jet of light at the rubble where the brothers were hiding. The rubble exploded, and the brothers ran out, their wands in their hands.

"Prewetts. Lovely to see you again.", Wilkes grinned, as Fabian shot a spell at him, knocking him down.

"Crucio!", Rookwood shot, hitting Fabian in the back. He let out an agonizing scream, the white hot pain flashing through him.

"Fab?"

"I'm okay, I'm okay!", Fabian yelled back, gritting his teeth as he stood up. "Watch out!", he yelled, as Wilkes shot a spell at Gideon, the tree behind him catching fire.

"Hope you said goodbye to your blood traitor family.", Dolohov grinned, as the five death eaters surrounded the two brothers.

"Did you say goodbye to yours? Oh wait, you can't, we locked them up in Azkaban.", Gideon smirked, dodging a curse. A string of spells echoed through the empty street, the colors lighting it up.