Chapter One Hundred Twenty Nine

black manor library

Regulus stared at his notes in the library, Kreacher sitting next to him. "Would Master like some food?", he asked, his voice croaky.

"Call me Regulus, Kreacher.", Regulus reminded, "And no, I just ate."

Regulus turned to his book, titled

How To Destroy A Horcrux

later - outside of mungos

Rodolphus and Regulus Black walked to the entrance of the hospital, under Polyjuice.

"I don't understand, what are we doing?", Regulus asked, pulling at his long, unfamiliar hair.

"You'll see. He sent us here to do something, we're going to do it right.", Rodolphus smirked, shouldering the bag on his right arm .

"Are you sure-"

"Oh, don't be a wuss.", Rodolphus groaned, as the two of them entered the hospital.

"Who are you here to see?", the receptionist asked, pushing up her glasses. Regulus' eyes flicked to Rodolphus, who smiled at her.

"Grandmother, I know where she is. Third floor.", he said, his voice smooth. The receptionist nodded, pointing up the stairs, where the two of them climbed up.

"I don't understand.", Regulus said, "Why are we-"

"Shh, little Reggie, shhh.", Rodolphus said, setting the bag on the ground. He pulled out his wand, as Regulus stared in confusion.

Rodolphus pulled out a box, which Regulus didn't know what it was. He waved his wand, and flares lit, one by one. Shock dawned on his face, "Rodolphus, don't tell me-"

"This thing is going to go off in ten minutes, so you better get out. Or else you'll die with the Mudbloods."

remus & james' hospital room

A nurse wheeled Remus back into the room, Sirius and the girls following behind. The nurse left, closing the door.

"How'd it go?", James asked, sitting up in his bed. Euphemia and Fleamont handed Remus a bottle of water, which he took grateully, smiling at them.

He scratched the quill on the paper, avoiding Euphemia's confused gaze.

It went well. I'm a bit tired, though.

"Get some rest, Moons, I love you.", Sirius said, kissing the top of his head.

I love you too.

Remus had gone to sleep, his breathing uneven. "What happened to the spell?", James asked, confused.

"He, er, he said he doesn't want everyone to know what he's thinking all the time.", Sirius whispered, turning to him.

"Oh- what did he say?", Fleamont asked, confused.

"Something about how he's 'done full moons for thirteen years and the operation is nothing' and how he's a 'weak git and he shouldn't make noise or else he'd worry us and we've done too much for him already'.", Lily said softly.

"And how he's a 'bloody worthless werewolf'.", Mary frowned.

James sighed, pushing his hair back, "He's going to hate that we know that."

"How are your wrists?", Lily asked, looking at the bandages. "They sting a bit, but other than that, I'm fine.", James lied. Lily and Euphemia shot him a look, and he knew he was caught.

third floor

There was one minute left, as Regulus stared at the ticking clock, sparkling. "Come on, Regulus.", Rodolphus rolled his eyes. He grabbed him, before disapparating.

remus & james hospital room

"Okay, fine, they hurt a lot. But Remus is more injured than I am and I didn't want to complain-".

A look of realisation and horror struck on James' face as he turned to Sirius, "Oh my god- Padfoot, have you eaten?".

Sirius nodded quickly, his eyes big, "I did, I promise. I had a granola bar, a cup of tea, and a piece of toast. I ate.".

Everyone smiled at him, and he reddened, "It's not that big of a deal, you guys.", he muttered, hiding a smile.

"Yes, it is.", Mary said firmly.

Sirius grinned at her, and Remus stirred, letting out a grunt of pain. "Remus-"

BANG.