Chapter Seventy Three

mcgonagall's office

"Wands thrown about! Fighting, again?", McGonagall asked loudly, "What provoked this?"

"Minnie-- he made fun of Remus.", James panted heavily.

"He did what?"

"He made fun of his scars.", Sirius said angrily. Peter nodded, "Yeah. He started it, we just finished it."

"Chargood, detention. Boys, you may leave.", McGonagall nodded.

dorm

"He's an idiot, Rem.", Sirius said softly. Remus didn't respond, closing the door.

"Don't listen to him.", Peter said. "He's just a stupid bully, Remus.", James insisted.

Remus pulled the coupon out of his pocket, staring at it. "Would it be so bad if I bought it? I mean, I don't have the money. But I have some saved up.", Remus muttered.

"Remus.", James said, surprised. Sirius took the paper wordlessly, ripping it up, and Peter lit it on fire, blowing it out.

"That's mine, what the hell?", Remus asked loudly.

"You don't need it.", Sirius said angrily. Remus scoffed, pointing at the various scars on his face.

"Do you see this? Are you blind?", he asked loudly.

"You're handsome, Moony. That's all I see.", Sirius said softly.

"Look, Remus, guys fall over themselves for you. Girls do, too. They love the whole 'quiet bookworm' type, even though you're the mastermind behind everything, but that's beside the point.", James said quickly.

"I know they talk about me, and I know you defend me. I'm lucky to have you guys, but I can't have you fight my battles for me.", Remus said, "And I know I have scars on my face. They're gross, and pink, and puckered, and-- and ugly, and, oh god, I'm crying again.", Remus gulped, wiping his eyes roughly.

"It's okay, you can cry.", Peter said quietly.,

"I can't do anything right.", Remus laughed, tears slipping out of his eyes.

"Remus.", Sirius whispered, wrapping his arms around him.

"Take deep breaths, Moony, I promise, everything is going to be okay.", James said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Please don't tell anyone about this.", Remus gulped, "I don't want everyone to know about it.", he said gruffly.

"We won't tell anyone.", James promised.

transfiguration

"Mr. Chargood, what is it?", McGonagall asked, impatiently.

"Remus is asleep.", he smirked.

Surely enough, Remus was asleep, his head resting on his hand, and his pencil still poised in the air.

"He is.", McGonagall said, looking at Remus, before continuing her lesson.

"Minnie, can we take him to Poppy?", Sirius asked. McGonagall nodded, fixing her hat.

"Hey. Hey, Moony, we're going to Poppy, sleep there.", James whispered, as Remus stirred.

hospital wing

"I'm fine, I'm just tired.", Remus insisted sleepily.

"Yeah, yeah, just go to sleep, beanstalk.", Sirius smiled, as Remus laid down on the bed.