Chapter Ninety One

the wedding (A/N: the wedding will be very descripive!!)

The trees were variety of beautiful autumn colors, the leaves falling to the ground. The air was breezy, and the sun shone down on the small crowd of guests sitting on the chairs, the happy chatter surrounding them.

Fleamont and Euphemia Potter sat in the front row. They wiped away tears as Dorina Evans did the same next to them, a smile still on her face. There were two empty seats next to Dorina, that she kept glancing at, but then shook her head and focused ahead of her. Professor McGonagall sat next to them, her eyes already wet.

James Potter, the groom, stood at the altar, his face in a handsome grin. His hair was tousled to look artfully messy, and his glasses were perched on his nose. He was wearing a black suit, with golden snitches engraved on the tie.

Sirius Black, the best man, stood next to him, his long hair reaching his shoulders. He had a boyish smirk on his face, his smile reaching his eyes. Every few seconds, he'd look over at Remus, who blushed and turned around.

Remus Lupin, one of the groomsmen, stood further back from them, his tall frame in a suit. His curly brown hair was neat and combed. There were white scars on his face, the sun emphasising them.

Peter Pettigrew stood next to him. He wore a suit as well, seeming short and pudgy next to the other groomsmen, but smiled at the guests and his friends, with Frank Longbottom standing next to him, his hair tousled and his face in a smile.

The bridesmaids stood on the opposite side, each of them wearing different pastel colors. Marlene was the maid of honour, her dress embroidered with flowers. Her blond hair was done up in waves, and her grey eyes gleaming.

Mary stood next to her. Her braids were twisted into a bun on the top of her head, bright flowers into her hair. Her dark skin shone in the sunlight as she smiled, laughing with the other bridesmaids.

Alice's black hair was twisted into a beautiful thick braid, a flower crown in her hair. Dorcas' thick hair was down, her dress and lipstick accentuating her features. Her glasses perched on her nose. Emma's hair was in two braids, ribbons strung through her hair.

Lily Evans waited in the bridal room, as she heard the bridal march begin. Her dress flowed around her, the train on the ground behind her. Her hair was in a French braid, magical butterflies surrounding her as she walked to the beginning of the aisle.

They had decided on a small crowd, as not to attract danger. Kingsley, Stanley, the baby, Aresha, their parents, the wedding party, and their old professors were the only people there, smiling up at her.

Lily wasn't focused on them. She looked at James, who looked back at her, a handsome smile on his face. His eyes widened as she smiled at him, beginning her walk down the aisle. Do not trip, she thought, as she walked to the altar.

"You look gorgeous.", James whispered, clearly nervous, but still smiling. "You too.", Lily smiled, blushing. Their eyes never left the other, as they said their vows, smiling at each other.

"Exchange rings.", the elderly wizard said.

Lily slipped the ring on James' finger with shaking hands, and then James did the same.

"You may kiss the bride.", he said.

James bent down, cupping Lily's face in his hands, and kissing her softly, as cheers filled the air. They smiled at each other, as they pulled apart, looking out into the crowd. There wasn't a dry eye in the audience.

a few minutes later

"Speeches!", Peter said, clinking his spoon on the wineglass, as everyone sat down at the tables. Sirius stood up, the smile still on his face. He walked to the front of the garden, looking at everyone.

"Deerly beloved family and friends.", he began, looking at the four boys and laughed, as they snorted. "It behooves me to give this speech. If you know me, then you know I love to hear myself talk.", he laughed. "But today has been an amazing day. James is my brother, he's always been there for me. And when he saw that fiery little girl with the red hair, all the way in first year, he told me that he liked her. Just like that.", Sirius said, looking out at James and Lily. James put his head in his hands, his face flushed with embarrassment as Lily laughed next to him.

"We laughed at him. Every attempt he had, he managed to make a fool out of himself.". Remus laughed at this, nudging Peter. "One time, he even got stuck on the top of the chandelier trying to do god knows what.", he laughed, smiling fondly at the memory,

"But Redhead here would have none of it. We were scared of her first year and second year, and probably all the way up to fourth. She was a ball of fire.", he continued, "In second year, Remus and Lily were actually really good friends. James and I were so jealous but then Remus and I kissed and some stuff happened, but that's beside the point.", Sirius winked at Remus, who blushed, putting his hands over his face.

"James asked Remus to put in a good word for him with Lily, and she warmed up to him. We never though this would ever happen. Like, ever. EVER. Every time he asked her out, she'd say no. But he didn't give up. I think he almost passed out when she kissed him that day.", Sirius laughed. "I'm so, so happy for these two wonderful people. They're some of the most important people in my life, and without them, I wouldn't be here today. Last thing, have lots and lots of kids and we can have our own little Quidditch team!", he ended, as everyone laughed.

The music began for everyone to start dancing, the couples going on the dance floor. James and Lily danced together in the middle of everyone. Lily rested her head on James' chest as they swayed along to the slowed music.

"I love you, Evans.", James smiled, as they spun around.

"Potter.", she smirked. James grinned widely before kissing her again, and twirling her around.

"That was incredible.", Remus said, his hands on Sirius' waist. "Yeah.", Sirius whispered, looking up at him. "I'm glad we can dance together,", Remus grinned.

Euphemia danced with James, and Fleamont danced with Lily, and they traded partners.

"May I have this dance?", Sirius asked, to Lily, who took his hand. "I'm happy for you.", he said, as they waltzed across.

"Thank you. For being there for him.", she said, hugging him. "No, thank you. You guys are my family.", Sirius smiled, as Peter cut in. Remus danced with James, laughing as they stumbled over each other's feet.

Kingsley twirled Stanley around, laughing. The baby was in Aresha's arms, sitting down next to them. Mary and Alex laughed as they spun around.

"Thank you. For being there for him.", Remus whispered to James. James pushed his glasses up, "I'll always be here for you guys. Just because I'm married doesn't change anything.", James said firmly, as McGonagall cut in to dance with James.

"Hello, Minnie.", James smiled, as he spun her around, "Are you crying?", he asked, shocked. "I am not.", she said, wiping at her eyes.

"It's okay, I won't tell anyone.", James laughed. "You better not.", McGonagall smiled.

that night-- flat

"Are you enjoying your dinner, my lovely wife?", James asked, smiling at Lily.

"Mhm. And you, my husband?", Lily asked, laughing as he kissed her, wedding cake all over his face.

"I'm going to barf." Sirius mimed, rolling his eyes at them. Peter laughed, taking a bite of the cake as Remus stretched out on the couch.

"The wedding was amazing, you guys.", Lily said, looking at the girls. "Thank you for planning it.".

"Of course.", Marlene smiled, licking the icing off her finger. "I think Dorc and I are heading home. Have a nice night." she winked, saluting playfully at them.

"I'm heading to Alex's.", Mary grinned. "Oooh.", Lily singsonged, nudging her. "Shut it.", Mary said playfully, swatting her arm. "Emily and I are going to sleep too. Don't have too much fun.", Peter waggled his eyebrows at James and Lily.

James threw a pillow at him, laughing, as Peter and Emily headed to their bedroom. "Congratulations, you guys.", Remus smiled, shoving James playfully. "Goodnight.", Lily said quietly.