Chapter One Hundred Thirty Nine

The blood drained from James' face as he read the letter again, opening his mouth again and again. "James? What is it?", Lily asked, furrowing her brow.

"Prongs?", Peter echoed.

"It's my parents.", he swallowed, "We need to get to Mungo's."

"Can- someone hand me the mirror.", James choked out, flashing it upwards.

"Sirius?", James said, almost desperately. Sirius' face flashed into the mirror, looking concerned.

"What is it?", Sirius asked, confused. James took a deep breath, shaking, "Mum and Dad are at Mungo's. They have Dragon Pox.", he choked out.

Sirius paled, staring at him through the mirror, his mouth dropping open. "Oh my god-- oh my god, James, you go. I need to send a Patronus to Dumbledore. We can't Apparate anymore- I don't know what to do.", Sirius' voice broke.

"You guys go to Mungos', I'll get there.", Sirius swallowed, "Tell them I'm coming."

"Okay.", James said softly, pointing the mirror down.

mungos

"Fleamont and Euphemia Potter?", Lily asked, her voice trembling. The receptionist pointed to a room, and the four of them hurried to it, James opening the door.

"Mummy?", he choked out, "Appa?"

Euphemia and Fleamont were in two hospital beds, Euphemia in the first one.

Her dark skin was pale, and there were green scales all over her face and arms. Fleamont was beside her, his face even paler than hers, bald patches over his scalp, and the same, sickly green scales all over them.

"J-james?", Euphemia coughed, a wisp of smoke leaving her mouth. "Jamie's. here?", Fleamont struggled to say.

"I'm here.", James said, tears dripping down his face, "Remus and Lily are here, too, Sirius is on a mission. He's coming."

"You're going to be okay, alright? You're going to be okay.", James said, as though he were telling himself that.

"The Healer. Said that we wouldn't.", Fleamont coughed, "And you. Need to be okay. Without us."

"I don't care what the Healer said!", James yelled, tears dripping down his face, "I can't-- I can't do this without you."

"You will. Be okay.", Euphemia swallowed.

Lily, Peter, and Remus didn't know what to do or say to comfort James. "Mrs. Potter, Mr. Potter, do you two want any water?", Lily asked, fighting to keep the quiver out of her voice.

"No. Thank you. Lily.", Euphemia coughed, the wisp of smoke leaving her mouth.

A Healer stepped into the room, motioning the four of them out. "I'm so sorry. There's nothing we can do."

"H-how long do they have?", Remus asked softly. The healer looked at him, sighing, "Maybe until tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? That's all I have?", James choked out, desperately, hoping this was some sort of sick joke.

"I'm sorry.", the healer repeated. "I can't-", he said, clinging on to Lily. "I know.", Lily swallowed, kissing the top of his head, "I know."

Remus picked up the mirror, flashing it upwards. "Sirius, where are you?", he spoke into it. "I'm outside.", Sirius said, his voice tired and broken, "I'm coming."

Remus handed the mirror to Peter, looking towards the entrance. A beat passed, and then there he was. Sirius. There was thick stubble all over his face, his lips chapped and peeled. Dark, purple bags were under his eyes, and there was a cut on his jaw.