Chapter Fifteen

Peter hit the knot of the Whomping Willow, and James and Sirius helped Remus inside. 

They walked through the tunnel in silence.  

"I need to ask you something.", Remus said, his voice echoing, "I've never had a moon like this before. If something happened, I could never forgive myself. If I do anything- ".

James put his hand on Remus' shoulder. "Nothing's going to happen.", James said. 

Remus sighed, as they opened the door to the Shack. Peter had brought Butterbeers for them to drink while they waited. 

The boys were playing a game of exploding snap, as the moon shone into the shack.

 "Be careful.", Remus warned, as the moonlight cast down on his face. His amber eyes turned into an icy cold blue. Remus' spine cracked, the transformation beginning. Remus yelled out in pain, and Sirius closed his eyes, biting back tears. 

Remus' features were being taken over by the wolf. The other three boys transformed into their Animagi, cautiously approaching the wolf. 

Padfoot barked at the wolf, waiting for a reaction. The wolf growled, baring his teeth. 

He jumped at Padfoot, his teeth just missing where he was. The wolf howled, approaching the other animals. 

Once he saw that they were no harm, the wolf curled up in the middle of the Shack, beginning to gnaw at his paws. 

Wormtail attempted to distract him, by jumping around, which worked. 

Prongs hit his antlers on the wall, causing the wolf to look up. There was a crazed look in his eyes as he growled at him, baring his teeth

Prongs backed up, away from the wolf. 

The wolf jumped at Prongs, scratching him in the leg. Prongs let out a hiss of pain. 

The wolf was satisfied, the metallic taste of blood in his mouth.

the next morning

Sirius was the first to wake, immediately heading over to Remus' sleeping form. Sirius sighed, brushing his hair out of his face.

He hesitated, leaning over and kissing Remus on the forehead.

"Sirius?", James asked, hobbling over. "Did you just kiss Rem- Are you-", James asked, confusedly. 

"Oh my god. James, please, I didn't mean for anyone to see that.", Sirius said, wringing his hands. 

"Sirius, I'm not going to tell anyone. Do you-- do you like Remus?", James asked. 

Sirius nodded, ducking his head down. "Do you hate me?", he whispered. 

James stared at Sirius, his hazel eyes flickering. He wrapped his arms around Sirius, who let out a choked sob, sniffling into his chest. 

 "He has a girlfriend.", Sirius said, wiping his nose.

"James-- your leg.", Sirius gasped, at the oozing gash on his leg. 

Peter woke up, yawning as he walked over. "Do you want me to bandage it?", he whispered.

"He can't know it was him that did this.", James whispered, and Sirius nodded. 

Peter used his wand to bandage his leg tightly, James letting out a hiss of pain as he did.

"James, I think we need to get Remus to the hospital wing. He looks pretty roughed up.", Sirius said concernedly.