Chapter Eighty Six

a/n: just thought i'd say-- in my story, marlene and mary are sisters. mary was adopted, and marlene is the biological child of the mckinnons. aresha is kingsley's sister (an OC of mine) and remember that this kingsley is canon!kingsley's dad (adoptive)

a few minutes later

"Is Kingsley asleep?", Remus asked, still on Lily's bed, as he looked over sleepily.

"Yeah. I hope he's okay", Sirius whispered. He looked out of the window, before pressing his lips to Remus'.

"I love you-- Sirius, we can't.", Remus mumbled into his mouth.

"I love you, too. There's no doctors here."

James was half asleep, as he looked at Lily, his eyes heavy as his head fell. "Prongs, go to sleep. I'll wake you up if there's any updates.", Peter said quietly, touching his back softly.

"No, I don't want to miss anything, in case she wakes up. I can sleep later.", James yawned.

A cough sounded from the other side of the bed, and Kingsley shot up, his heart speeding up.

"Stanley?", Peter whispered, as the four boys stared at the bed. "Hey, Stan, honey, can you hear me?", Kingsley whispered softly.

"Lee?", Stanley croaked, opening his eyes. "Oh, honey. Oh my god.", he said softly, crying as he looked down at him.

"Healer!", he called into the hallway. The healer came running in, her cap on.

"Hello, Mr. Hunt. Glad to see you awake.", she smiled. "Now, tell me how you feel."

"I- It hurts a lot--", he was cut off by a fit of coughing, and a look of concern from Kingsley. "Lee, I'm fine. You worry too much.", he said. The other four boys watched in horror as he coughed into his sleeve, blood sputtering from his mouth.

"Stan-- oh my god.", Kingsley choked, using his sleeve to wipe the blood from his chin.

"We need to get him special care, stat. I need some backup here, we need to get him to the other floor.", the nurse said, calling for some other nurses.

"What's happening?", James gasped, as they waved their wands, levitating Stanley's bed.

"Mr. Shacklebolt, sir, we're taking him to the intensive care unit. He's not allowed visitors until he's fine. We'll tell you every update.", the main healer said, as they levitated the bed out of the room.

"Lee? Lee, what's happening?"

"You're going to be fine, darling, I'll see you in a few minutes.", Kingsley called out, choking on the last word as the door closed.

"Kingsley, he'll be fine.", Sirius said softly, putting an arm around him.

Kingsley nodded, wiping his eyes. "Hey, I think you need to distract yourself. Wanna play exploding snap?", Peter asked, and to their surprise, he nodded.

a few minutes later

"Kingsley, never told us you were some exploding snap god!", Remus groaned, as he lost for the fifth time.

"Sirius, I swear if you don't get your feet out of my face. They smell like ass.", Lily said weakly, wrinkling her nose.

"Lily?", James gasped, rushing to the hospital bed, kissing her face tenderly, a tear slipping out of his eye.

"I'm fine, James. Promise, darling.", she said, smiling, as she winced, moving over.

Peter hugged Lily from the side, before heading out to the hallway. "Nurse!", he yelled.