Chapter Forty Eight

i'm actually pretty proud of this chapter! gets pretty angsty though :(

please, please comment and vote!

also-- include ideas of what to happen next! i AM going to be putting 'the prank' in here, but the au version. no leaking it though! warning: its gonna be angsty.

at the end of this chapter, please drop your favorite fics in the comments! (other than this one teehee) (kidding)

"What do I wear?", James asked, pulling at his hair. "Why are you so nervous?", Peter asked. 

"I don't know, Wormy! I guess it's our first date officially.  I can't screw this up.", James said, mussing his hair up. 

"Oi! Moony! Padfoot! Could you maybe stop snogging for like two seconds and help me out here?", James asked, clapping his hands. 

"Ugh, Potter, are you serious?", Remus asked, breaking apart. 

"No, I am.", Sirius said, without missing a beat. Remus rolled his eyes. 

"Look. Lily likes you for you, right? Just wear one of your shirts with a tie and Sirius' pants.", Remus said, with a flick of his wand, bringing the clothes. 

"Yeah, my arse looks amazing in those. Lily'll love them.", Sirius smirked. 

"Thank you.", James sighed. 

"Sirius, Remus, what about you?", Peter asked. 

"I've got my outfit. I need to borrow eyeliner from Red though.", Sirius said. 

James threw a stick of eyeliner to him. "She said to keep it.". 

Remus nodded. "I have mine too. Pete, going with anyone?", he asked. 

"Going stag.", Peter smirked.

The four boys began getting ready for the Halloween Ball. 

                                                             **girls dorm**

"How do I look?", Lily asked shyly. 

"Whoa, Evans.", Marlene said, running up to her. 

Lily smiled. "It's not-- too much, is it?", she asked nervously. 

Lily was wearing a dark green dress that matched her sparkling eyes. The dress stopped just above her knees, and she was wearing high heels. Her long red hair was pleated, with a few loose strands hanging out. Gold eye shadow dusted her eyelids. 

"You look amazing. Potter won't be able to get his jaw off the floor.", Dorcas said. 

"You lot look bloody amazing too.", Lily said, and the girls walked down the stairs. 

                                                        **common room**

"What is taking them so bloody long?", James asked, fiddling with his tie nervously. 

"I don't know, mate, Sirius isn't done yet.", Remus said, looking at his watch.

"That bloody git probably is spending all his time on his hair.", Peter laughed.

"Potter! You ready?", Marlene asked, from the top of the stairs. They heard giggling and hushed whispers. "I've been ready.", James said nervously, running a hand through his hair.

Lily peeked through the entrance of the stairs, walking down slowly, so she didn't fall. 

"Whoa, Evans--Lily. You look gorgeous.", James stuttered, staring at her.