Chapter One Hundred Nineteen

later

"Mae'n ddrwg gen i fy nghariad", Remus whispered, everyone was asleep, as he whispered into Sirius' ear.

"Hoffwn pe gallwn roi fy un i.", Remus said quietly, sitting down. "What's that?", Sirius mumbled, opening his eyes. "Oh- I didn't know you were awake.", Remus reddened.

"Mhm, what'd you say?", Sirius asked. "I'm sorry.", Remus admitted, "I wish I could give you mine."

"Remus-"

"No, you do so much for me, and I can't even do anything for you.", Remus laughed, though there was no humour in his voice.

"Moons, I promise it's okay. This isn't your fault.", Sirius said softly, "It just didn't match."

Remus nodded tiredly, the moonlight glinting on his curls. "Opposites attract, don't they?", Sirius winked. "Oh, you hopeless romantic.", Remus grinned.

"Come here and kiss me.", Sirius smirked. "Bros that snog?", Remus teased, referring to their first kiss.

"Mm, bros that snog.", Sirius muttered, as Remus crawled into the cramped bed with him.

"Je t'aimerai toujours, mon seul et unique", he whispered, kissing the top of Remus' head.

the next morning

There was a knock on the door, and Remus sprang out of the bed, into the chair. The comfortable warmth of Sirius was no longer next to him.

James rubbed his eyes, looking up at the doctors, Lily lifting her head from James' shoulder.

"Have you made a decision?", the doctor asked briskly, his eyes sweeping over James and Euphemia.

"I'm doing it.", James nodded, locking eyes with the doctor.

"Good. We can do the contracts this week, and the operation will be on Friday. Don't eat or drink anything twenty four hours before the surgery, and we'll go over everything before the operation.", the doctor said, putting a plate of food on Sirius' lap.

"I'm really not hungry.", Sirius protested, his stomach churning. "Three meals a day, Mr. Potter.", the doctor insisted.

"Mhm.", Sirius grumbled, but spooned it into his mouth after Remus ate a bite.

"Evans, you okay?", James whispered, after Sirius had gone to sleep. "Sorry, yeah. Just a bit worried about the operation.", she shook her head.

"I'll be fine, love.", James smiled, "Can I kiss you?"

Lily nodded, as James touched her chin, tilting her face up to kiss her gently, pressing his lips to hers. She opened her eyes, and he could see the flecks of gold in the vibrant green.

"I'd want our kids to have your eyes.", he grinned. "Grandkids?", Euphemia teased. "Amma!", James groaned, putting his head in his hands as Lily giggled, pressing a hand to her mouth,

"Lily's pregnant?", Peter sprung awake, his eyes popping open. "Lily's pregnant?", Remus asked, confused. "A grandkid!", Fleamont grinned.

"Whoo! Go, Prongs, you dog!", Sirius smiled.

"NO ONE IS PREGNANT!", James yelled, reddening. He turned around to Lily, rubbing the back of his neck. "You aren't, right?"

"No, I'm not pregnant.", Lily laughed, her eyes sparkling with laughter.

one week later - the day of the surgery

James had been given his own hospital bed, IVs and everything. "This bloody thing is so annoying. I can't kiss Evans with this.", James complained, as Lily kissed his cheek, "Better?", she asked.

"Now you know how I feel.", Sirius grouched. "You really don't have to do this."

James softened, looking over at him, "I'm doing it, Padfoot."

Euphemia and Fleamont had gone to get some food from the cafeteria, promising to be back soon.

"Oh my god- Remus, I'm a terrible boyfriend!", Sirius exclaimed suddenly, "The full moon is next week- the doctor said we have to be on bed rest at home.".

"Oh my- Moony, I'm so, so, sorry.", James swore, putting his head in his hands. "No, no, it's okay.", Remus said, "It's just one night."

"I'll come.", Peter offered. "No offense, Pete, but your Animagus form by itself- I don't want to hurt you.", Remus stuttered.

"You were cut up everywhere last time- I can try and find a spell, I can, and I can be there with you, and-"

"Lily-", Remus said gently, "It's okay."

"It's not okay!", Sirius said, clearly troubled.

"Shh, love, don't stress yourself out. I'll be fine.", Remus soothed. Doctor Ram walked in, with two nurses beside him. "James, are you ready?", he asked.

James had paled, but nodded. "Good. Sirius, what about you?", he asked. Sirius nodded, looking at Remus. "Alright. We'll get you two into the operating rooms, and I'll try to get an intern to come and tell you the progress.", the doctor said.

"I'll see you soon.", James said, to his parents, Remus and Peter, as Lily kissed the top of his head. "We'll be back soon. Don't drink my chocolate milk, Moony.", Sirius grinned.

"I will if you don't get back here fast enough.", Remus snorted, itching the urge to kiss him. The nurses wheeled the two of them out, the door closing silently.

"They'll be okay.", Lily said, her voice shaky. "Now we wait.", Peter nodded.

"Now we wait.", Euphemia echoed.

operating room

The surgeons had wheeled them in to the operating rooms, putting masks over the two of them.

"I'm going to give the two of you anesthesia, it will make you fall unconscious. You'll be awake after the surgery.", the doctor explained.

James nodded, looking at Sirius. "Ready?", he asked quietly. "5 Gall- er, pounds, that I'll wake up first.", Sirius grinned.

"You're on.", James smirked.

"Okay, now count down from 10."

"10, 9, 8, 7.", they both counted, their voices drowsy. James trailed off, his eyes closed. "James?", Sirius asked, his voice filled with panic. "Sir, I need you to calm down and keep counting.", the doctor said.

"5, 4, 3...", Sirius' voice faded, and everything went black.